HOW TO LOAD A GAME ONTO AA A150

Discussion in 'Windows' started by june, Oct 25, 2008.

1. june

june

I am buying an Acer A150 XP for my daughter for xmas and she would like to play The Sims on it. I have read that The Sims 2 is not playing very well but the original Sims is? How do I install a game onto the netbook as it has no cd drive - will a game install from a memory stick? I want to get it set up for her before xmas. Any help appreciated.

june, Oct 25, 2008
  2. june

spyderms

Easiest way is to use an external CD/DVD drive. If you don't want to drop the money on one of those, you could try copying the games installation files to a USB drive and see if it installs that way. Some will, some won't.

Probably the most effective "free" method, is to create an .iso of the retail CD/DVD using your favorite disc copying software, transfer it to your AAO using your preferred method, and mount it using image mounting software like Alcohol 120% (which incidently, will also create ISOs if your disc burning software doesn't).

Once the game is installed using either method above, you can apply No-CD patches from GameCopyWorld so you can play without mounting the CD or keeping an external drive attached to your AAO.

spyderms, Oct 25, 2008
  3. june

midgetdiablo

The Sims 2 actually works quite swell on the Aspire One, I've installed it lately and been playing it for quite awhile. I would recommend you to get the Sims 2: Life Stories expansion, but it is designed for laptops. It's probably smoother than the original sims 2 as well.

midgetdiablo, Oct 25, 2008
  4. june

june

If I could install Sims 2 - My daughter wants the pets expansion pack - do you think this would be ok??

june, Oct 25, 2008
  5. june

june

Thinking of ordering the Sims Life Stories and Sims Pet Stories - it doesn't give what size these games are but I am hoping they will fit on the A150 XP version?

june, Oct 25, 2008
  6. june

Dartsani

120gt hd should have more than enough for all those Sims and extras.

Dartsani, Oct 25, 2008
  7. june

june

Great News - Just got to get my order in for the A150 when I get paid on Monday hoping they haven't sold out by then!! - Thank you for your help

june, Oct 25, 2008
  8. june

Kei

If you run into any problems during installation or just starting the game let me know more then glad to assist

Kei, Oct 27, 2008
  9. june

june

Well I have bought the AA A150 but the linpus lite version and my son who is a computer technician has installed XP pro edition and it is running well. We haven't put Sims Life Stories or the other 2 on yet but will let you know if they go on and play ok! Just wondering if the graphics card will be ok to play them?

june, Oct 28, 2008
  10. june

Kei

It will do just fine with all of the sim installations :mrgreen:

Kei, Oct 29, 2008
  11. june

lems

This is the only thread I could find on The Sims Life Stories. I wondered for those who have played The Sims & The Sims Life Stories, which one is better to buy for the XP 120gb 8.9" original One. thanks.

lems, May 19, 2009
Ask a Question