How To Modify That Annoying Picture On Boot

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Genics, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Genics

Genics

I have managed to figure out which picture on the Windows XP Home, Acer Aspire One, that shows up each time the netbook boots. The picture you need to Modify, Rename, and Replace is Acer.bmp, it is located C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\Acer.bmp... Just Make Sure, it is 1024x600 in resolution and it is saved as Acer.bmp. Well, that is it. If you like to keep the original bitmap just rename it to something different, and keep it in the same folder...

Genics, Sep 16, 2009
  2. Genics

Bramster

Is there away to disable this spalsh screen completely ?

Bramster, Sep 25, 2009
  3. Genics

Genics

I'm not sure how to disable it. But, you could replace the acer.bmp with a 1024x600 image painted all black. So it appears to be disabled... Or, you could email acer and find out how? Sure they would know how...

Genics, Sep 26, 2009
  4. Genics

Bramster

But you seem to be replacing the desktop wallpaper as well. I want to keep that.

Bramster, Oct 3, 2009
  5. Genics

reddog_deluxe

I just went in to the registry, searched, and cleared all references to "acer.bmp" and it seems to work fine. I don't like advertising for others too much anyway. Yeah it's a great machine and all...

reddog_deluxe, Oct 18, 2009
  6. Genics

polyseal

to turn it completely off, you disable quick boot in the bios. its still quick, so dont worry about slow down. you get the normal display of ram / cpu / hdd.

polyseal, Oct 27, 2009
  7. Genics

rich_l

Anyone know where the pic is on an AOD255-2331?

I'd love to have it show MY picture (no, not a picture of me, probably one of my cats :ugeek: )

rich_l, Jan 15, 2011
Ask a Question