How to remove Icedtea

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Annette, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Annette

Annette

Hi everyone,

I've posted in another post about trouble with the photo uploading applet for Facebook with my Aspire One A110 running Linpus.

I've googled around and I would like to try something suggested in a number of posts on other forums - I would like to remove Icedtea.

As a complete newbie I'm not really sure where to start or how to go about doing this.

Could someone please post some step through instructions?? I would be very grateful!

Many thanks in advance :D

Annette, Sep 28, 2008
  2. Annette

kevin

If you remove it, you'll have to replace it with another Java JVM if you want Java-based wep applications to work. Are you comfortable with that?

If you are, then you could probably do something like

sudo rpm -e java-1.7.0-icedtea-plugin
    sudo rpm -e java-1.7.0-icedtea

But installing a new JVM from, eg., Sun can be a bit fiddlysudo rpm -e java-1.7.0-icedtea-plugin

kevin, Sep 28, 2008
  3. Annette

Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker, Sep 28, 2008
  4. Annette

Annette

Hi Grim Squeaker,

Thanks for your quick response - I've followed the instructions on the Maccles site with much success!! Not only have I managed to remove Icedtea but I have also replaced it with another version of Java and things are now working very well. I was *this* close to throwing the machine out the window!

Many thanks again for your guidance. :D

Annette

Annette, Sep 28, 2008
Ask a Question