how to save my WPA password with linpus ?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by hpfx, Nov 10, 2008.

1. hpfx

hpfx

Hello, I have an AAO110L with linpus (bundled)
    I've setup my wireless connection with WPA and a passphrase (quite long and complex).
    I successfully connected my AAO, but when I shut my AAO and switch it on again, it ask for my passphrase !
    that's very annoying.
    then, if I choose "cancel", it warm me that network is disconnected, but one minute after it tell me that wifi network is connected (and it works).

it looks that first attempt it ask my passphrase and second one it remember the one I used in the past !
    strange !
    please can you help me to make it work just simply (without asking me) ?
    thank you.

hpfx, Nov 10, 2008
  2. hpfx

Grim Squeaker

Did you run the liveupdate application ? This should have been solved in a fix released months ago...

Grim Squeaker, Nov 10, 2008
  3. hpfx

hpfx

yes I did.
    Please have you more information about this ? which update ?...
    thank you.

hpfx, Nov 10, 2008
  4. hpfx

daldred

Should have been perhaps, but I still have this issue, and I'm updated up to 5 November!

It's not a major problem as far as I'm concerned - it only happens on reboot and I rarely reboot, so I haven't tried to solve it - but I have exactly the situation hpfx describes.

I assume that network manager is starting before something in the nature of a server for a secure keyring is ready.

daldred, Nov 10, 2008
Ask a Question