How to: Services and Processes Config for Minimal XP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Cubd, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Cubd

Cubd

I recently posted a how-to on which components to remove for a minimal install of XP using nLite over here. This should give you an XP install of about 600MB which is saving anywhere from 300-500MB from a stock install.

In order to further slim down XP, I've created a guide on which windows services to disable and also which programs to disable at startup. If you're already comfortable with disabling services, a screenshot of which ones to disable is shown below. You can also view the complete guide on my blog. This should cut you down to around 16 processes running at startup.

Minimal amount of services enabled
    [​IMG]

Edit: Added screenshot of which services I have enabled. Should make it easier for everyone already familiar with configuring this type of stuff.

Cubd, Jan 22, 2009
  2. Cubd

SlCKB0Y

why dont you just copy and paste here instead of spamming your blog?
    Save us a few extra clicks

SlCKB0Y, Jan 23, 2009
  3. Cubd

Cubd

It's only one extra click for you, but would have been more work for me to recode all the images. :D

But I did edit my original post to include a screenshot of my services config (although it looks like it cut the width of the image in half). Since most people here are probably already familiar with applying tweaks, it should make it easier for most to do a quick run-through of which services they can disable.

Cubd, Jan 23, 2009
  4. Cubd

ScottZ

Sickboy - Kinda being a little harsh there on a guy that's trying to help. If you don't want to read his blog, don't click on it.

ScottZ, Jan 25, 2009
Ask a Question