How to update BIOS in ubuntu 9.10?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Falcomer, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Falcomer

Falcomer

I guys, i have a aspire one D250, and his screen of bios is getting very slow, when I reboot or when I power on. I use ubuntu, and i think if i update my bios, this problem, can disappear. Anyone have this problem??

well, i have tried to update my bios, with wine, and with a vm, and don't have sucess.

any have do this update of BIOS in a ubuntu?

thank's guys, and sorry my English. XD

Falcomer, Nov 5, 2009
  2. Falcomer

skrogmann

Hi Falcomer,

i have done for a few days an Bios update, but i don't find a way to do it in Ubuntu. I have create a bootable USB-Stick with BartPE. Thats an light WinXP/Dos bootable from USB. You don't need a licence key for that. I don't know if it is the best way, but it worked for me.

regards
    Stefan

skrogmann, Nov 6, 2009
  3. Falcomer

RockDoctor

I don't know how one would do it from Ubuntu or any other version of Linux either. However, can you do it from FreeDOS on a bootable USB stick? If it can be done from DOS, it might be easier than creating a BartPE stick.

RockDoctor, Nov 6, 2009
  4. Falcomer

Falcomer

thanks guys but i use a windows xp vm, and in the copy the PE don't work on it!

Falcomer, Nov 10, 2009
Ask a Question