How to use the recovery ?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by pebbles, Jul 21, 2008.

1. pebbles

pebbles

I messed up my Linpus system....

I sucessfully created a USB (4gb) rescue usb stick from the acer-one discovery dvd.

I thought booting from the USB stick would did the trick.,.

But whatever I try, its's only half working.. its startsup already but then it uses the old (ruined) partition again...

How can I perform a clean install? Does anyone know? (I spend already two days's :twisted: )

Thanks in advance !

pebbles, Jul 21, 2008
  2. pebbles

pebbles

After managing to load the usbstick with the recovery disc-program, my Acer One only starts halfway up from a USB stick resulting in a black screen with a cross shaped cursur in the middle....

Does anyone know if the recovert procedure works at all?

pebbles, Jul 22, 2008
  3. pebbles

zaphod

The recovery procedure worked for me, though not with the first USB stick that I tried.

The first stick (1GB) appeared to have been created OK and the recovery procedure on the Acer went OK until about 90% of the install at which point I got an error message and the machine would no longer boot. It simply posteed a sequence of "9"s across a black screen.

A second attempt with a 4GB stick worked fine. It took ~10mins to build from the DVD and ~25mins to load to the Aspire One.

I would recommend trying again with a different USB stick of at least 2GB.

zaphod, Jul 22, 2008
Ask a Question