how to use webcam?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Twan013, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Twan013

Twan013

Hey guys; quick question. This is my first machine with a webcam, and I would like to know how to use it. I've installed Tiny7, so I don't even know if the right driver is installed. the device manager says its up to date, but I'm nnot sure. What program(s) would I need to be able to take pictures or videos with the camera?

Twan013, Nov 5, 2009
  2. Twan013

Eosblue

Skype uses the webcam.

Go to "My Computer" and look for 'USB Video Device". Click on it and the camera should pop up on your screen in a few seconds. If it doesn't, you probably have a driver problem. If it DOES come up, I think ANY program that supports a cam will automatically bring it up.

Eosblue, Nov 5, 2009
  3. Twan013

Twan013

Eosblue, it didn't quite work that way. When I opened up "Computer", all it shows is the C: drive.. but either way I found a solution. I ended up downloading Webcam Max. I was looking for some sort of program that would let me take a picture and edit it. Its a pretty fun little program. Its pretty cool how you can put on a "mask" in the program, and wherever your head moves. I can't figure out how it "knows" where to move the mask..

Twan013, Nov 6, 2009
  4. Twan013

Eosblue

Eosblue, Nov 11, 2009
  5. Twan013

Patti

DO I HAVE TO INSTALL A PROGRAM IN ORDER TO USE THIS WEBCAM ONLINE TO SPEAK WITH A FRIEND. WHAT I WANT TO DO IS AN ONLINE VIDEO CHAT IN REAL TIME. THE USER GUIDE THAT COMES WITH THIS COMPUTER IS AWFUL... Tell nothing about webcam please help if u can

Patti, Dec 31, 2009
  6. Twan013

gadzooks64

You and the person you want to video conference with will need a program like AIM, Skype or the GMail Voice and Video. Each of you will need an account (they are free) in order to contact one another.

Each of these programs will find your webcam automatically.

gadzooks64, Dec 31, 2009
  7. Twan013

JamesDax

So, what's wrong wih Windows Live Messenger? It works just fine wih the webcam for video conferencing.

JamesDax, Jan 1, 2010
  8. Twan013

gadzooks64

Sure, that'll work too. There are many options I just listed a few.

I prefer GTalk myself. I have used both Skype and GTalk and had the best results with GTalk.

Whatever works for you is what you should use.

gadzooks64, Jan 1, 2010
Ask a Question