HOW'S THE BATTERY RUNNING TIME FOR YOUR MODDED ONE?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Strawberry Field, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Strawberry Field

Strawberry Field

Hello,

Basically my modded AOA110's stock 3 cell battery doesn't last more for more than 1hrs.

So far I've made some change like this;

Storage : 8GB SSD -> 80GB 2.5" SATA HDD
    RAM : 512MB -> 1.5GB
    Wifi : atheros b/g -> Broadcom Draft N adapter

Yes. I guess I have to admit this change may affect the unit's power consuming rate, but it is still too much. sometimes the battery is drained out in 40minute with Mac OS side.

For just curiosity, Are you guys' modded one running fine with the battery?

P.S. purchased a 9cell one from Global laptop batteries.com, but it doesn't make any difference., and the seller's service is totally unreliable. they ask me to take the back-and-forth shipping cost to the China for return or repair.

Strawberry Field, Jan 4, 2010
  2. Strawberry Field

darkmenx

i have got a 9cell battery aswell and it lasts for 7-8hours depending on what am i doing but you have to suck the battery dry first with some application that uses your gpu/cpu its easy, then recharge from 0, it will recalibrate the timings

darkmenx, Jan 5, 2010
  3. Strawberry Field

hartleyshc

how long have you had your aao?
    laptop batteries will degrade to at least half capacity after about a year and half to two years.

ive already bought new batteries twice on my almost 4 year old laptop. (first one was probably a flop, lost 80%+ capacity at not even a year).

hartleyshc, Jan 6, 2010
  4. Strawberry Field

Strawberry Field

My point was to discuss about how seriously the modification affect the battery running time. Let's focus on the main idea in this posting. Sorry about any confusion that may occur

Especially, OSX User, how's your battery life???

Strawberry Field, Jan 6, 2010
Ask a Question