hp printer problem!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by majorjam, Aug 31, 2008.

1. majorjam

majorjam

Hi, I have a hp psc1215 connected to my main computer which is connected to wireless router(netgear) i would like to be able to print documents from my aao wirelessly (internet works fine wirelessly), but i have run printer 'wizard' which 'see's' my printer and loads drivers but when i try and print a test page aao says 'test page sent' but printer clicks and just flashes on light. In printer on main computer (xp) there is 1 job listed 'test page error' ?
    Any help appreciated

majorjam, Aug 31, 2008
  2. majorjam

carterleonard

Hey, same problem with me here!!! and my printer is psc1210 a bit older than majorjam's. Everything is fine until i try to print a test page. The printer just blinks and clicks, but nothing happens.

Any help? Please?

carterleonard, Aug 31, 2008
  3. majorjam

Ace_Rimmer

Ace_Rimmer, Aug 31, 2008
  4. majorjam

majorjam

still no luck?

majorjam, Sep 2, 2008
  5. majorjam

JimK

Here's a copy-and-paste from another post -- I hope it works for you:

First, you need to install hplip. You can do this through the Add/Remove Software program. Hit the search tab and type in hplip. I chose hplip-gui. Once that's complete you can close out of Add/Remove.

You can't run the setup program from the context menu because you need admin privileges. To run it, type Alt-F2 to get the run program dialog. In the box type sudo hp-setup

The HP setup utility should now appear, and your printer should be found automatically. Make any adjustments you need, and you should be good to go.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2238#p14950

JimK, Sep 2, 2008
Ask a Question