HP Printing...

Discussion in 'Linux' started by readsta, Nov 1, 2008.

1. readsta

readsta

Hello. I'm trying to get my AAO to print to my HP Photosmart 2700.. It's connected to my switch and has an IP addy and my Windows machines can print to it.

I added the printer using the Settings > Printers tool and used the Foomatic driver. Now, when I try to print a test page, it says the job has been submitted but it never prints; the job hangs around in the print queue.

I read around on here and some people add the HP GUI software to get round printing issues so I had a go at installing this but when I go to install the package, it whinges about the pre-reqs being the wrong version(?)

I am using ipp://{IPAddress} as the device URL.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Paul.

readsta, Nov 1, 2008
  2. readsta

qasar.es

>I am using ipp://{IPAddress} as the device URL.

I am using, without problems:

hp:/net/Photosmart_2600_series?ip=192.168.0.3

Of course, change the model name, 2600, and the ip address, 192.168.0.3, to yours.

qasar.es, Nov 2, 2008
  3. readsta

cpchan

cpchan, Nov 3, 2008
  4. readsta

scottro

I would also strongly recommend updating the cups package, as the one that comes with Linpus seems to be somewhat lacking or older, I'm not sure which.

sudo yum -y update fedora-release

(Not sure if that's still necessary, if it says nothing to update, don't worry)
    sudo yum -y update cups

scottro, Nov 3, 2008
Ask a Question