Huge problem on Windows installation

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Yugialex, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Yugialex

Yugialex

Hello,

Im sorry for my bad english, I hope you can understand me.

I've got an aao 150/l and want to install windows xp on my acer

I've followed this guide http://komku.blogspot.com/2008/11/insta ... -disk.html to make a bootable windows xp installation stick.

I made all these steps correctlly and came to the point with 2.Gui mode setup. Continue installation. Here is my problem, If I take this option in the boot menu there comes a warning: Put a disk to the device: \Device\Harddisk\DR2 (This my translation because I took a russian ISO) and I can only push "Cancel" "Again" "Continue" but it doesn't have any effect when I üush these buttons. Can someone help me?

Yugialex, Dec 26, 2008
  2. Yugialex

kuwait

Your mistake is that you removed the memory stick too early.
    When GUI starts every ting is going automatically.
    On the final of automatic installation you will see the XP desktop. You should REMAIN the memory stick connected in the USB and restart the XP manually. When second time see the desktop you may remove the memory stick by "remove hardware" mechanism. Better to restart XP manually twice to be sure that all is OK :)
    But pay attention that now your memory stick is corrupted due to wrong installation. Hence you should rebuild it once again from scrap.
    Good luck.
    Also during installation you should delete all partitions on the disk and create 1 new partition on all available space.

kuwait, Mar 17, 2009
Ask a Question