hulu glitching

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by MaLfUnCtIoN, Dec 30, 2009.

1. MaLfUnCtIoN

MaLfUnCtIoN

even with my 751h on performance mode, hulu glitches constantly. i couldnt find newer drivers for the graphics chipset (although i could have easily missed them). what can i do to increase video performance? I have no other open apps.

MaLfUnCtIoN, Dec 30, 2009
  2. MaLfUnCtIoN

Forone

I found my Atheros driver updates showed up automatically at Microsoft Windows Update as "optional". There are some others floating around but I don't trust them.

These are two things that improved my video streaming along with general wi-fi performance (in Canada, Hulu is an off and on thing)

1. r-clk My Computer/Properties/Hardware/Device Manager/Network Adapters/Atheros/Properties/Advanced and turn "Power Saving Mode" to "off"

I've also disabled but not uninstalled QoS (google this and be sure you don't have any devices that require it) which by default reserves 20% of your bandwidth for certain devices, some debate as to whether this is effective but seems to me it is:

2. r-clk My Network Places/Wireless Network Connection/General/ untick "QoS Packet Scheduling"

Forone, Dec 30, 2009
  3. MaLfUnCtIoN

MaLfUnCtIoN

i dont have that option on 7. theres nothing like that under advanced so i went to the tab labeled power management and all that showed was "allow the pc to turn off this device to save power" and "allow this device to wake the computer".

i guess i should have included that i'm running windows 7.

MaLfUnCtIoN, Dec 31, 2009
Ask a Question