Hulu on 11.6 aspire one

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by adrichards88, Oct 28, 2009.

1. adrichards88

adrichards88

Has anyone found a way to get hulu videos to play without stuttering? I am not trying to watch it in high definition, just standard, non-full screen. Anyone have any tips?

I heard somewhere that Adobe Flash 10 doesn't support the gma 500 graphics chip, and that the CPU is doing all the work. Is there any way around this?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

adrichards88, Oct 28, 2009
  2. adrichards88

rjfrandle

I need help with this too. I'm trying to read through information on this forum, but there is so much here it will take me a long time to find if there is a way to fix this problem. I can't seem to watch any videos online, from Hulu to youtube etc... without them stuttering. Maybe someone could direct us to some tips to help resolve this problem.

rjfrandle, Oct 28, 2009
  3. adrichards88

adrichards88

I tried this to some success. When you load the hulu video in STANDARD definition, use the pop out button and close the main browser so only the pop-up window is open. Then let it buffer to at least 3 bars. I was able to watch the episode with mostly smooth playback. There were some stutters but for the most part I was able to overlook the few hitch-ups.

I do hope adobe incorporates some intel GMA 500 support in an update sometime soon though.

Good luck.

adrichards88, Oct 29, 2009
Ask a Question