hunwei E120

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Screen, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Screen

Screen

I own an aspire one wirh operating system linux (original acer delivery), Do you have any tips how to get a huanwei E120 Modem running? There ist no support form Hunwei, from acer and from my internet-provider (telering). Thanks for the answer.

Screen, Jul 31, 2011
  2. Screen

steve48

Hi Screen

Posted this some time ago - hope it helps

<<
    The Three mobile broadband, like the other mobile providers gizmos, is a dongle which you plug into a usb.
    Initially, on clicking the Mobile Partner icon, I could not get any connection. My machine supplier could not help and the Acer help line (50p/min) said to contact the broadband supplier. However he did advise me that at the top of the command line, hit "Tools" and select "Options" and that is where the set up is.
    I contacted Three and asked what should be entered in the fields. They were:
    Profile - Any name of your choice
    APN section - click the "Static" button
    In the APN field, enter "three.co.uk" - in my case as I use Three.
    Authentication "*99#" was already there.
    In Authentication Protocol Setting, click the "CHAP" button.
    It worked when I hit connect!
    My Three dongle, which I already had and used on a Mac and Windows costs £10 per month for 1GB (horrendous charge if you overshoot this, but you can monitor usage) or £15 per month for 3GB.
    I find 1GB more than enough as I don't down load much music etc.
    >>

Good luck.

steve48, Aug 7, 2011
Ask a Question