I cannot get the wireless to work

Discussion in 'Networking' started by optimistique1, Nov 22, 2008.

1. optimistique1

optimistique1

HELP HELP HELP!!!!
    Can someone please try and help me out before I throw my AAO out of the window :-(
    I just installed VISTA BUSINESS onto the machine and I cannot get the wireless to work.
    I downloaded the correct drivers and the Atheros Wireless hardware is showing as working in the device manager but my wireless network is not showing available.
    Also, in the device manager is something called 'Realtek family Ethernet' or something. This is showing as not working and I cannot seem to get the drivers from anywhere. I had Windows XP loaded before and that worked fine.
    Hope someone can help.
    Many thanks
    GArry

optimistique1, Nov 22, 2008
  2. optimistique1

melhiore

melhiore, Nov 22, 2008
  3. optimistique1

t33r3x

t33r3x, Nov 22, 2008
  4. optimistique1

santapod

All you have to do is change the encryption level in your wireless router from WPA to WEP and you will be away!
    I've just done this and it works perfectly now.

If you are a Virginmedia user follow this instruction.
    Your wireless router also has a management interface that you can directly access through your web browser at either http://192.168.0.1 (ADSL) or http://192.168.1.1 (Cable) using the default user name (virgin) and password (password) login credentials noted on the back of your wireless router.
    Change the level in the wireless settings, generate a new key code at the prompt (write it down) then go back to your AAO create a new connection with the required WEP setting enter the key and Bobs your uncle.

Hope you have fun
    Peter

santapod, Nov 25, 2008
Ask a Question