i dropped it !

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Tallytail, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Tallytail

Tallytail

:cry: my aao is less than a week old and i managed to drop it from my night stand. The drop was about 2feet high and onto hardwood floor. Do you think it is damaged? :?:

Tallytail, Nov 8, 2008
  2. Tallytail

melhiore

Switch it ON and check...

melhiore, Nov 8, 2008
  3. Tallytail

Tallytail

well it runs, but when i shake it i hear clicking sound.

Tallytail, Nov 8, 2008
  4. Tallytail

jpnjim

Options:

1) Take it apart, and see what's bouncing around in there (might as well upgrade the Ram at the same time)

2) Do nothing, and hope the 'something' bouncing around isn't metal (= could short out the board somewhere).

It's probably just a piece of plastic that broke off, hopefully it didn't support something importaint.
    Your HD (if it was the HDD type) probably didn't like the drop, but if it still works, hopefully the platters weren't damaged.

jpnjim, Nov 8, 2008
  5. Tallytail

melhiore

Most likely piece of plastic or screw. In that case you should consider what jpnjim suggested - opening AA1...

melhiore, Nov 8, 2008
  6. Tallytail

anthonycds

Where did you buy it from?
    It's a good thing I purchased extra service and protection for my AAO. The deal that I have is that if anything happens to it whether it's my fault or not, I can return it to the retailer and get a brand new one! Offer only good for a year. It's a great investment.
    Hope yours isn't too bad, but you can never be sure unless you open it up. Or have someone who knows what they're doing open it up for you.

Cheers!

anthonycds, Nov 9, 2008
Ask a Question