I finally bit the bullet

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by bigplrbear, Feb 17, 2010.

1. bigplrbear

bigplrbear

I bought a 1.33ghz iBook G4 for $250 and got it in the mail a few days ago. Although performance is similar to a netbook, the facts that 1.it's 12" 2.it has a full sized keyboard 3.it has a combo drive 4.it has bluetooth and 5.it doesn't need to be hackintoshed were all really nice things. Also, I manage to get ~4 hours from a 5 year old battery; impressive, that is.

When I downgraded the OS to Tiger (it came w/ Leopard), it started going pretty fast. Not anything to brag about, but definately not bad for a five year old computer.

Here's a screenie of my desktop (click for full size)-
    [​IMG]

I took a few pics of the iBook with my iPhone, and posted them to my blog at http://bigplrbear.tumblr.com, if any of you are interested.

So anyways, this basically means that as soon as I sell my netbook, I'm out of the hackintoshing business (at least, for a while). It's been a fun 4 years :p

bigplrbear, Feb 17, 2010
  2. bigplrbear

PhAndrew

no... your not allowed to leave us.

PhAndrew, Feb 17, 2010
Ask a Question