I finally got one after intensive research! TIPS ANYONE??

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by FrancisRude, Oct 24, 2008.

1. FrancisRude

FrancisRude

Well folks, i got one of the sapphire blue 160gb win xp for 399.94 at Onsale,com.

I got it the next day i bought it. very cool and the guy who i dealt with, is very prompt, i purchased it over the phone, (tuesday) then wedensday noon it was on my front door.

I love this little thing, any tips???! I deleted mcafee, ms works, deleted the office 07, installe office 07 enterprise, norton from work,., thats about it, i disabled cinema thing from msconfig. anything else?

Anyway, im happy to be a part of this cool forum, take care and hope to hear from you. oh people with blackberries, add me too! ahahaha

FrancisRude, Oct 24, 2008
  2. FrancisRude

goofball

if you want free defrag tools, look at auslogics for registry/disk defrag or jkdefrag.
    run windows update and get latest drivers for everything.
    perhaps look at the AA1 fan control software if you find it a bit on the noisy side.
    if you like the XP look, you may also want to consider the XP Embedded theme, google it up.
    for external optical (if needed), I went with an enclosure from http://www.tiger111hk.com and put in one from my other laptop (PATA), and it works great. Needs only the USB cable for power (no additional power adapter!).

goofball, Oct 24, 2008
  3. FrancisRude

NJoy333

How have you found your Norton Software on your Acer? I am thinking of installing Norton Internet Security 2009, which is meant to be quicker than NIS 2008 etc... ..... ?

NJoy333, Nov 2, 2008
  4. FrancisRude

FrancisRude

I got the Norton Software, I have the DoD version.

FrancisRude, Nov 4, 2008
Ask a Question