I got a rock

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by JeffJ, Oct 29, 2008.

1. JeffJ

JeffJ

Isn't that what Charlie Brown got for Halloween?

Brand new aa1 arrived about an hour ago... opened everything up plugged it in and turned it on. So far so good right? I see the acer boot screen flash by and then "starting windows" then the two aa1's. Alls good, It goes to windows "please wait" and about twenty seconds later it powers down.

OK, I was hoping nothing like this would happen so I try it again and same result. Maybe the battery is to low I thought. So I wait patiently for the little lied to go to green and retry .. same thing.

So I say what the hell I'll try erecovery, start that and the thing powers down about a minute later barely started into recovery.

Now it says I'm missing ntdlr and control alt delete to restart.

Damnit! I am trying to be patient siting on hold for 20 minutes for acer support.

Maybe you guys can help faster than acer, I could be on hold for a couple hours

JeffJ, Oct 29, 2008
  2. JeffJ

Chicago_Jake

I don't know, but I would let it sit with the battery charging for a few hours before trying it again. That might make a difference. Good luck!......Jake

Chicago_Jake, Oct 29, 2008
  3. JeffJ

JeffJ

Just got offf the phone with acer and newegg

Acer guy had me take the battery out and plug in the ac adaptor then restart... same thing. He said "it definately has issues"

Got a rma from newegg and it goes back in the morning.

Cool little machine, I'll give it a another chance but I better not get a pink one!

JeffJ, Oct 29, 2008
Ask a Question