I have a quick question! I'm new to this. : )

Discussion in 'Windows' started by FreeFlowCasi, Jul 15, 2009.

1. FreeFlowCasi

FreeFlowCasi

I have a Acer Aspire 4530 with Windows Vista, and I created the 3 Factory Restore disks. Now, if I format the harddrive completely, and put Windows XP on it. . . Will those disks still be able to completely revert the computer, and actually put it back at the factory status if I F this up? Thanks in advance.

PS: I have a 9100M, 2.0 AMD x2 64, and 3GBs. I'm looking for a little more performance out of XP. I was thinking of just putting in Home

FreeFlowCasi, Jul 15, 2009
  2. FreeFlowCasi

garrettp

I believe the answer to that is no. The restore discs only restore the files and programs(to a point). They do not reinstall the OS.

I believe that is correct.
    g

garrettp, Jul 16, 2009
  3. FreeFlowCasi

donec

Check to see if you have a restore partition for D2D restoration? If you do then the restore disk will use it to restore your OS so you do not want to delete it. If you do not have this small D2D partition then your setup may be like mine on my Acer Aspire 9300-5005. If so then you can safely format the HD and install XP then when you want to you can use the restore CD/DVD's and it will write over everything on the HD and you will end up with a working factory install of Vista including the bloatware and without your preferences and data as they will be deleted.

donec, Jul 16, 2009
Ask a Question