I have your Second Mini-PCIe FIX!!! for wifi

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by radioman193, Jul 10, 2009.

1. radioman193

silverbemr

So before I buy the wifi mini pcie card I just want to make sure of a couple of things. I've never installed a wifi card or anything. So it may be beyond my skill level. Do you just plug the card in and it works? I'm running bios 1.26 and Windows 7. I read a couple of spots about running antenna wires and something about cutting wires to a switch for the factory card. Since this may be beyond my skill level does anyone know about a card that you can install that is just a fan? I saw a pci fan card for a full size slot. thanks.

silverbemr, Feb 17, 2010
  2. radioman193

Issy

I have a AOD250 running WinXP, Bios v1.25. I have built-in WIFI and BlueTooth.

I picked up a Sierra Wireless MC5725 Verizon card, and installed it in the PCI-e Mini location under the cover on the bottom.

The 250 does not see the new hardware... should it? Do I have to load the driver manually? Do I have to "tape pin 20"?

Issy, Feb 17, 2010
  3. radioman193

ashram

you may have to.... i do.

ashram, Feb 19, 2010
  4. radioman193

hartleyshc

with the wwan cards you do. theyre not pci-e mini cards, they are usb cards.
    usb cards (wwan cards, i think tv tuners as well) = tape 20
    pci-e cards (wifi, crystal hd) = no tape
    of course your bios should be up to date. i think the bios 1.06 and earlier only had support for the usb devices.

once my 1 year warranty is up, Ill see if theres enough room to solder a usb device to the port, and still use it as a pci-e.

hartleyshc, Feb 20, 2010
  5. radioman193

Issy

Someone have an image of where pin 20 is and I will try it? Maybe a pointer to a tankgirl image?

b

Issy, Feb 21, 2010
  6. radioman193

hartleyshc

hartleyshc, Feb 23, 2010
Ask a Question