I need a calendar or program with TASKS.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by vautrin44, Aug 12, 2008.

1. vautrin44

ensoph

and which version would that be, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9? the mozilla site is not very informative...

ensoph, Oct 1, 2008
  2. vautrin44

Albertde

Why don't you download Osmo? It's available, its licence is GPL and it works on the Aspire One. It has tabs for Tasks, Contacts and Notes and is low-resource. After installation, it shows up in the Office tab of the Advanced Menu.

Albertde, Oct 2, 2008
  3. vautrin44

kevin

Can it synchronize to other things?

kevin, Oct 2, 2008
  4. vautrin44

ensoph

i tried installing osmo but i got dependencies errors. i'm missing libgringotts.so.2 and libical.so.0. looked them up on the fedora repos (i haven't updated mine yet) and couldn't find them there. any idea where they might be?

thanks!

ensoph, Oct 7, 2008
  5. vautrin44

Albertde

Actually, I dumped osmo - no alarms with appointments or reminders. Then I looked again at the Calendar application that was created by Acer and remembered why I dumped it - ugly. Then since the Acer has elements of sfce desktop, I went to xfce.org and found the xfce calendar application called orage. On a lark, I typed orage into the "Run Program" entry on the Advanced Menu and it was there and I started to use it and liked it. Moral of the story: look at the components of the xfce desktop before going around installing software.

Albertde, Oct 18, 2008
  6. vautrin44

ensoph

i finally got osmo and i love it. nevermind the alarms, it stills notifies you via a pop-up message. the only thing i wish was better is the notes function. if it could handle notes the way tomboy does (wiki style), it would be a powerful little app.

ensoph, Oct 21, 2008
  7. vautrin44

kevin-isca

Hi
    Bit late but this thread got me to look at orage again and I discovered that the latest version 4.5 has a lot more features than the version bundled with the aspire one. Multiple data sources, so I can download the ical file of my google calendar and have it appear in orage without importing it into my main orage file, week views and more. Problem is, I couldn't find a fedora updated version and it wouldn't compile. Here is a link to a .deb file which if extracted and placed in the right places seems to work. Back up everything first just in case.
    http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/orage/orage_4.5.14.0-1_i386.deb
    I hope someone finds this as useful as I have.
    Cheers
    Kevin

kevin-isca, Nov 23, 2008
Ask a Question