I need a mix between quality and affordability

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Mandhlenkhosi, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Mandhlenkhosi

Mandhlenkhosi

Hey guys! I'm looking for a new laptop, preferably quite small, that is of a good make but still wont break the bank. I've got a budget of around £200 to £300, but will go slightly over if neccesary.

So, what are your recommendations?

Mandhlenkhosi, Oct 31, 2015
  2. Mandhlenkhosi

Brijesh Gohil

Asus D550CA-RS31 Laptop seems to best within your budget. It has 6 GB RAM, i3 processor, 15.6-inch display and 500 GB hard drive. If its enough for your daily work than you can buy this laptop.

Brijesh Gohil, Oct 31, 2015
  3. Mandhlenkhosi

Mandhlenkhosi

Thanks for the reply Brijesh! Looking at the specs, it will fit my needs perfectly! It's also extremely affordable; this is exactly what I needed!

Mandhlenkhosi, Oct 31, 2015
    Brijesh Gohil likes this.
  4. Mandhlenkhosi

IcyBC

i3 processor? Is it still around? The last laptop I bought, which were two years ago, i5 was the latest and was recommended for better functioning in general. I thought i7 is more common now.

IcyBC, Nov 2, 2015
  5. Mandhlenkhosi

Brijesh Gohil

Asus D550CA-RS31 has a newer generation i3 processor and yes i7 is common right now but it costs more than your budget of £200 to £300, if you can spend little more than this laptop is best with i7 processor - http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-15-6-Inch-Notebook-i7-4510U-Integrated/dp/B00UAT7HA2/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Brijesh Gohil, Nov 2, 2015
  6. Mandhlenkhosi

KimmyMarkks

I would definitely recommend going at least with the i5, if you plan on using it for work or homework. I believe the i3 is still around (but harder to find). Computers running the i3 are usually the least expensive machines you will find in the stores. My laptop currently is an i3 and would freeze all the time. However, I upgraded to Windows 10 and it has made a big difference. I would only get an i3 for my children to play games on given its affordability.

KimmyMarkks, Nov 5, 2015
  7. Mandhlenkhosi

KimmyMarkks

I am a big fan of Lenovo models. I think they quality of the machines are some of the best. However, I wouldn't recommend a touch screen laptop. I currently have the yoga and have a lot of issue with the touch screen. Other then that you can find a lenovo laptop for a few hundred dollars. Also, a lot of times, retailers have them on sale around the holidays.

If you want something a little less expensive I would go with Samsung, and a slower operating system. It is still a great machine but wont cost you as much!

KimmyMarkks, Nov 5, 2015
Ask a Question