iAKOS install problem, question

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by ampsonic, Oct 3, 2008.

1. ampsonic

ampsonic

Hello,

I just received my 160GB 6cell Aspire one (yay!) and of course the first thing I want to do is get OSX running on it. I am attempting the USB install method outlined in SMB's great tutorial (thanks!).

I have followed the directions to create the bootable USB drive with the installation image, however when I attempt to boot the USB drive, all I get is a flashing underscore, nothing else boots.

The only place I noticed what might be a problem is when using OSX86Tools, as the program did not respond exactly as it is described in the guide (perhaps it is a new version?) When you click "Install EFI/Run FDISK", you do not get a prompt about installation source files. It has two buttons available (FDISK and EFI), as well as a drop down box to select which EFI type. I selected Chamelon, and then ran FDISk first, then EFI. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Nick

ampsonic, Oct 3, 2008
  2. ampsonic

johnwillo

I had that problem as well, when I tried to create a bootable, external USB HD using the "release" version of the tool (1.0.150).

If you look at the deprecated downloads here:

http://code.google.com/p/osx86tools/dow ... nloadCount

I found that version 1.0.149 worked as described to make my external drive bootable. I hope that this works for you.

johnwillo, Oct 3, 2008
  3. ampsonic

ampsonic

That worked! Thanks. SMB might want to update his guide to reflect this.

Nick

ampsonic, Oct 4, 2008
  4. ampsonic

SbM

Yep, thanks for the info. I'll have a look at it as soon as possible and shall update my guide accordingly.

SbM, Oct 5, 2008
Ask a Question