iATKOS v4i install and issues

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by SbM, Aug 18, 2008.

1. SbM

dfiore

im using a vanilla kernel in my testing. the problem is simply the graphics. does anyone have qe/ci working properly.

if so id like to chat with them.

dave

dfiore, Sep 30, 2008
  2. SbM

4saken

hey, cool! good to know someone is looking into this. your work is much appretiated dave!

4saken, Sep 30, 2008
  3. SbM

denshaotoko808

Edit: Nevermind. I just read elsewhere this is normal. BUT does it do anything bad to the installed system by shutting it down by holding the power button?

-----
    Shutdown issues? I choose shut down and the screen goes out but the AAO power light is still on. Is this normal?

denshaotoko808, Sep 30, 2008
  4. SbM

johnwillo

If you wait until the screen goes black you should be okay. Just don't shut the system down by holding down the power button while the screen is still lighted.

johnwillo, Sep 30, 2008
  5. SbM

Hyperjoe

I just want to say thank you Dave for your work and all who have helped to make this thread a reality.

Hyperjoe, Sep 30, 2008
  6. SbM

iota

Regarding shutdown issues, try pressing the power button once then hitting Enter to shut down. for some reason, (for me after following the OP's guide), using the power button to initiate the shutdown turns the AAO off every time, but going to Apple Menu -> Shutdown just does a halt where you then have to hold the power button to go off.

iota, Oct 1, 2008
  7. SbM

denshaotoko808

Thanks! I'll try that and see if it works!

Thanks to everyone here who have worked on getting things working of OS X!
    Can't wait to get sleep working. If the card readers worked, that would be icing on the cake!

denshaotoko808, Oct 1, 2008
  8. SbM

mauibg

I have to be doing something wrong. I followed the tutorial on creating the bootable USB install but it does not seem to work for me. I don't think the osx86tools are working as they are described to. Installed the only version on their site. Anyway, can someone please help me to get this USB drive to boot?

>I created MBR on 1 partition that is HFS+
    >Restored iATKOS image exactly as described in this thread
    >Used OSX86tools to make bootable but instructions at the beginning of this thread dont match exact with what happens >when I click on the "InstallEFI/Run Fdisk" I choose the disk and Chameleon and clck install EFI. Here is output osx86tools:

*****************************EFI OUTPUT*****************************
    rm "/Volumes/osx/boot"
    cp /Applications/OSX86Tools.app/Contents/Resources/FDISKEFI.app/Contents/Resources/boot "/Volumes/osx/boot"
    chown root:wheel "/Volumes/osx/boot"
    chmod 644 "/Volumes/osx/boot"
    dd if=/Applications/OSX86Tools.app/Contents/Resources/FDISKEFI.app/Contents/Resources/boot1h.chameleon of=/dev/rdisk2s1 bs=512 count=1
    chmod 775 /Applications/OSX86Tools.app/Contents/Resources/FDISKEFI.app/Contents/Resources/fdisk
    echo 'f 1\nu\nw\ny\nq\n'| /Applications/OSX86Tools.app/Contents/Resources/FDISKEFI.app/Contents/Resources/fdisk -e /dev/disk2
    if [ -f "/Volumes/boot" ];then
    rm -Rf "/Volumes/boot"
    fi
    Enter 'help' for information
    fdisk: 1> Partition 1 marked active.
    fdisk:*1> Machine code updated.
    fdisk:*1> Device could not be accessed exclusively.
    A reboot will be needed for changes to take effect. OK? [n] Writing MBR at offset 0.
    fdisk: 1>
    Chameleon EFI installed!
    ***************************END EFI OUTPUT***************************

I have done this over and over using USB flash and HDD to no avail. Followed instructions to a T. Only get blinking cursor on boot. :( Please help. Its gotta be something simple I'm doing wrong.

mauibg, Oct 1, 2008
  9. SbM

kelokera

POWER HANGS FIX (Thanks to aRt for this one)
    If you experience power hangs on shutdown (you try to switch your One off but the power led stays on and the fan keeps running), you can perform the following steps to solve them (hopefully):
    1- Trash /System/Library/Extensions/AppleThermal.kext
    2- Trash /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
    3- Reboot

Hey i dont nkow how to do this cant some one help i just got mi acer aspire one and i have the power problem when i shut down the laptop the fan keep working !!! Please help me i Apreciated

Just explain me how to do it OK

Please Thank you !!!

kelokera, Oct 1, 2008
  10. SbM

SbM

What's the word you don't understand, kelokera? :shock:

SbM, Oct 1, 2008
  11. SbM

Francois

A very quick answer here... two ways of doing it, through the terminal window, navigate to the appropriate directory and put your commands in to remove the files... or do it in the finder, go to the directory, delete the file, enter your admin password... but all in all, the procedure did not work for me...

I tried this and it did not work, seems like my AA1 will shutdown properly if it is connected to the wall power, it will only do the hang on shutdown if it is running on battery. I have deactivated the sleep functional in the energy control panel, and even tried to rebuilt the permissions and many combination of ways, such as after trashing the kexts, or not, no go. the screen will go off, but the fan and power light will remain on, in fact pressing the power button will not turn it off, I have to remove the battery. It also seems that if I reinstall the sound patch 1, the computer will shutdown properly, but just for the first time, then the hang problem comes back...

Any other or new ideas are appreciated

Francois

Francois, Oct 1, 2008
  12. SbM

kelokera

I delete the files and mi computer still have the shut down problem I dont nkow what to do now !!!!!!!!!!!

kelokera, Oct 1, 2008
  13. SbM

kelokera

Hey i have a problem with my modem whre i cant find the drivers to install it and the fan keep running when i shut down the pc what i can do to fix this

kelokera, Oct 1, 2008
  14. SbM

SbM

If it's an ethernet modem, there's nothing to install. If it's a USB modem, change it 'coz it's crap ;)

There doesn't seem to be a sure fix for that yet... :(

SbM, Oct 1, 2008
  15. SbM

kelokera

AUDIO & SHUTDOWN (adapted from the InsanelyMac forum)
    Download ALC268FIX from here http://rapidshare.com/files/126062908/ALC268FIX.zip
    1. Run ALC268Installer 1 but DON'T RESTART YET
    2. BEFORE Restarting, delete /System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.kext
    3. Use Paul's Kext Helper b7 to install HDAEnabler.kext
    4. Delete System/Library/Extensions.mkext and restart.
    5. Make sure that Internal Speakers is selected in System Preferences>Audio>Output
    6. Run HDA Fix v3. It's all in Italian, but basically always click "OK" or "Continua" until you get to choose between "Riavvia ora" (Restart now) and "Riavvia in seguito" (Restart later).
    7. Click Restart now ("Riavvia ora").
    Now sound should work without generating kernel panics on shutdown.

ONe of this drivers are the problem for the shut down because i didnt install these and mi AA1 seen to shut down correctly now im goind to try to install only the sound driver and see what happen !!!!

kelokera, Oct 1, 2008
  16. SbM

SbM

If you install only the audio drivers, you'll get a kernel panic on shutdown.

If you can live without audio, you'll probably have no power-hang problems whatsoever.

SbM, Oct 1, 2008
  17. SbM

singlemaltscotch

Thanks for an excellent guide. I struggled because I didn't want to buy a external usb dvd, and I couldn't get my USB flash drive to work as install boot disk (it wouldn't boot).

So I used my other computer (hackintosh) and installed iATOKOS onto an external USB hard disk. Then I created a disk image of the install (using diskutility). Booted the AA0150 with the external drive, and restored the internal drive with the disk image using disk utility. Not the preferred way, but it worked. I didn't bother with speedstep. Anyway, this hack is rock solid. Just the usual sleep issues.

The AAO has the possiblity of being an awesome hack, even the webcam works! iChat works, I just need a USB/Bluetooth audio solution. This is the cheap MacBookAirMini that Apple never (but should have) built.

I have a broadcom wifi card on the way.

What we need to is collectively work on a vanilla install solution, and figure out what the bare minimum kexts are required to carry over to the next update(s). I know sleep can work, as one of my initial vanilla attempts had the machine sleeping and waking (on external USB), only the display wouldn't sleep. The caveat was that I had not installed any audio, video, USB, or PS2 kexts. Somewhere along the way, these kexts kill sleep. We should forget about speedstep, as it appears to muddle things, and doesn't produce a real battery savings.

If we fix sleep and sound in, this will be the best hackintosh ever.

singlemaltscotch, Oct 1, 2008
  18. SbM

SbM

SbM, Oct 1, 2008
  19. SbM

dfiore

sbm, thats next up on my list after fixing sleep, im gonna get this thing 100% if it kills me. :)

btw did you see the 10.5.5 graphics drivers i posted.

dfiore, Oct 2, 2008
  20. SbM

SbM

That would be /just/ great!

Yep, I saw it, but I'll have no time to try it until monday or tuesday. Thanks!

SbM, Oct 2, 2008
Ask a Question