iATKOS v4i install and issues

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by SbM, Aug 18, 2008.

1. SbM

sashomasho

Guys, I need some help here, I'm still waiting for my dell 1390, but until then I would like to use my ethernet card. I installed iATKOS as described above, and wanted to install the driver RTGMac_v2.0.0.zip, but it wants to insert an 'OSX' disc, i mounted iATKOS dvd, renamed it but the driver refuses to install... Everyone here seems to have a working ethernet, but I don't, so please give me some ideas...

sashomasho, Oct 2, 2008
  2. SbM

dfiore

dfiore, Oct 2, 2008
  3. SbM

SbM

SbM, Oct 2, 2008
  4. SbM

dfiore

i use it, bonjour works fine on wired and wireless now.

dfiore, Oct 2, 2008
  5. SbM

xenz

hi SbM, how do you test if the Bonjour is working ? Is there any setting / configuration screen somewhere in OSX will indicate if that work ?

I installed the Psystar's Realtek driver, connection work ok, plug-in cable after boot-up ok.

xenz, Oct 2, 2008
  6. SbM

4saken

ok, so I installed the iATKOS mac os version today and did everything written in the first post. wifi works fine with the dell card, sound also but I noticed that after one of the restarts my touchpad stopped working. I tried installing the ffscroll stuff mentioned in the other topic but that didnt do anything, still no touchpad.

since there is no topic on this problem here I'm kinda clueless. anyone got some ideas?

4saken, Oct 2, 2008
  7. SbM

kelokera

Hey these driver work fine with bonjour http://www.psystar.com/open_source.html wired idont nkow about wireles i think with the dell 1390 everything should be fine but aspire one is getting better now im looking for the touch pack driver to put to work and the sleep mode and the acer aspire one will be 100% Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee

kelokera, Oct 2, 2008
  8. SbM

SbM

That's EXCELLENT news. I'm off for the week-end, but I'll install it as soon as possible when I return and will update my guide accordingly.

Thanks a lot, and keep up the good work!

SbM, Oct 2, 2008
  9. SbM

SbM

Well basically you can see it if your other Bonjour-enabled computers show up correctly in the "Shared" tab of your Finder windows (right name and icon), if printer-sharing works fine and if you can use Migration Assistant.

SbM, Oct 2, 2008
  10. SbM

denshaotoko808

Does the Psystar OpenHaltRestart.ktext work as well?

denshaotoko808, Oct 3, 2008
  11. SbM

johnwillo

How do you connect an Aspire One with Mac OS X to another Mac for the Migration Assistant? Between Macs, I've always just direct-connected with firewire. Does it work across an ethernet network, or USB-to-USB?

johnwillo, Oct 3, 2008
  12. SbM

dfiore

your best bet is a usb based time machine backup of the machine you want to migrate from connected to the machine you want to migrate to.

dfiore, Oct 3, 2008
  13. SbM

sashomasho

sashomasho, Oct 4, 2008
  14. SbM

xenz

thank you SbM. Yep, then I can also confirmed Psystar's Realtek driver didn't crash Bonjour.

xenz, Oct 4, 2008
  15. SbM

kelokera

Dell Wireless 1500 Draft 802.11n Mini PCI-e BCM94321MC will this work on mi acer aspire one with OS X ???????

kelokera, Oct 5, 2008
  16. SbM

unten44

Yes, the BCM94321MC wireless card works great with the Aspire One + OSX.

unten44, Oct 5, 2008
  17. SbM

wsoft2002

I have AA0 150 (IG RAM, 120G HDD) and follow the guide form SbM (Thaks SbM! Great Job!!) to install iATKOS v4i.

I don't have a Dell Wifi card, so I download the driver from Realtek and have no problem, I can access the share folder form my XP desktop, So I assume the "Bonjour" still working, (I am new to MAC, tell me if I am wrong).

I just have some small problem.

1.) The fix permission from the Disk Utility not working every time, sometimes it works but sometime it will have error when loading the permission database.

2.) Word form office 2008 can't start normally, it always said some kind of "Not using word work file and memory low problem) , but however when I start it with the [SHIFT] key pressed, it can launch.

3.) The volume control can't display at bootup(Sound still work), I need goto the preference and reselect the display volume control option for the display of the control.

Is anyone out there have the same problem?

wsoft2002, Oct 5, 2008
  18. SbM

4saken

I also noticed the volume control symbol not showing up on boot with my aspire. like wsoft2002 said, going into the system preferences and switching it on and off brings it back, but that gets annoying after a while.

4saken, Oct 5, 2008
  19. SbM

rsuenaga

Any ideas where to get ALC268FIX.zip now? Rapidshare apparently is not hosting it at this time. Thanks.

rsuenaga, Oct 6, 2008
  20. SbM

unten44

Which driver did you download? Have a link? Thanks!

unten44, Oct 6, 2008
Ask a Question