iATKOS v4i install and issues

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by SbM, Aug 18, 2008.

1. SbM

johnwillo

I know SbM can't update the formal instructions until he's had a chance to test things, but since people keep running into this issue and posting about it, I wanted to repeat this info here:

Since SbM originally wrote his wonderful guide, the osx86tools used in step 3d have been updated. This new version (1.0.150) does not work for me or (apparently) for some other people. The version that I believe SbM used was 1.0.149, and it is still available at the same site, but is not displayed by default. Just select "All downloads" from the popup, and the older version will be there. It worked for me, and at least one other person who had a problem with 1.0.150.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

johnwillo, Oct 13, 2008
  2. SbM

denshaotoko808

I can confirm that this will allow AAO to shut down properly every time:

AUDIO & SHUTDOWN (adapted from the InsanelyMac forum)
    Download ALC268 package from here http://rapidshare.com/files/152518779/A ... llit99.zip.
    1. Run ALC268Installer 1, do NOT restart
    2. Use Paul's Kext Helper b7 to install HDAEnabler.kext
    3. Restart
    4. Use Paul's Kext Helper b7 to install AppleHDA.kext
    5. Restart
    6. Go to System Preferences > Sound > Input and set the Input volume of Internal microphone to 0%. If you don't do that you will hear a noise from the speakers.

denshaotoko808, Oct 13, 2008
  3. SbM

technogeekchris

will this work on A150 running iatkos a4i? thnx..

technogeekchris, Oct 13, 2008
  4. SbM

denshaotoko808

I don't have iatkos a4i but I do have a A150 and it works.

denshaotoko808, Oct 13, 2008
  5. SbM

offyoutoddle

just out of interest, what are people doing about uk keyboard layouts? I saw the item in sbm's guide regarding iso layouts for french keyboards, but if you have a stock keyboard, how do you get that to work correctly? Getting a little tired here remembering to shift 2 for an '@' sign!

offyoutoddle, Oct 13, 2008
  6. SbM

SbM

Sorry guys, I have no time these days to thoroughly test the fixes you've found and update my guide. Someone very close passed away last month and I'm still struggling with the grief and all the paperwork involved by such an untimely death. I promise I'll test and update everything as soon as possible.

SbM, Oct 13, 2008
  7. SbM

denshaotoko808

Condolences SbM.
    No rush. This place should be the least of your worries right now.
    For now, folks can just keep trying things on their own and see what works and report it here.

denshaotoko808, Oct 14, 2008
  8. SbM

idontlikewords

Hi all--

I just purchased an xp/160gb aa1 and i'm planning to dual boot it between xp & leopard. before i dive right in and start installing stuff though I'm curious if anyone can tell me whether i can preserve the default install of xp or if I'll need to start from scratch after installing osx? from reading the guide in this thread it sounds like the first step to installing osx is partitioning the HD for GUID, but other posts have suggested that this isn't strictly necessary. could i possibly just reallocate empty space from the default partition and install there, or am i going to have to repartition the whole thing either way?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!

--
    Eric

idontlikewords, Oct 15, 2008
  9. SbM

johnwillo

Sorry for your loss, SbM. Anybody reading through the full thread can get the information that they need. There's no reason to push yourself faster than you're ready.

johnwillo, Oct 15, 2008
  10. SbM

denshaotoko808

denshaotoko808, Oct 15, 2008
  11. SbM

idontlikewords

That's perfect, thanks! I haven't actually installed too much stuff yet, so zero-ing it out to the factory settings should be painless.

idontlikewords, Oct 15, 2008
  12. SbM

Damn.x

GOOD NEWS !!!
    ALC268 is working with shutdown fix, autosensing, internal speakers, headphone and audio-in (but no change of input volume). I haven't testet the internal mic.

(Original Post: here.)

I packed the two files in this package: http://rapidshare.com/files/154521621/ALC268_working.zip

Installing guide:

1. Use Kext Helper to install HDAEnabler.kext
    2. Use Kext Helper to install AppleHDA.kext
    (I don't know if it will work when you install both files in one step.)
    3. Repair Disk Permission using Disk Utility
    4. Restart
    5. Have fun! ;)

Sleep is still not working.
    I uses InsomniaX to disable sleep because when I close the lid it will go to sleep and die.

All credits go to collit99, MadTux and Taruga from InsanelyMac.

Damn.x, Oct 16, 2008
  13. SbM

4saken

wow, nice. works great. havent tried line in yet, but will do when I get home.

now the only thing missing is sleep and the card reader :)

4saken, Oct 16, 2008
  14. SbM

alienmeatsack

I am so tempted to try putting OSX on mine again along with Win XP. I just had problems with the bootloader stuff not working and XP getting fried after installing OS X.

The recent lack of a netbook announcement from Apple has me thinking OS X on my AAO again.

So, now that we've got some stuff ironed out, is there a definitive list of how-to with all the changes/fixes in this forum added to it that is up to date?

alienmeatsack, Oct 16, 2008
  15. SbM

smilespray

Do I need to uninstall stuff the earlier ALC268 installers put on my machine?

smilespray, Oct 16, 2008
  16. SbM

Damn.x

For safety reasons it will be better to uninstall the old installers/drivers or to start on a new system installation.
    I started some tests with an other version with the ALC268 Installer1 and after this I have installed this version without uninstalling the old one before.

Damn.x, Oct 16, 2008
  17. SbM

4saken

I did all the previous stuff suggested here and this fix worked without a problem.

4saken, Oct 17, 2008
  18. SbM

Miguel

Hehehe, you guys should check my AAO lab thread more often, i got this working some weeks ago but forgot to post about it.

In other news I almost got sleep to work, my AAO goes down when i close the lid, and the power button starts fading in and fading out like a real mac, i also have managed to get it to return from the freaking DEAD sleep, using an external monitor but it freezed.. Hopefully i'll be able to fix this!

Also, can anyone get me a linux dump of our crappy AAO audio card? I might give real patching a go..

BTW! im waiting to give PC EFI V9 a try:
    http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php? ... =0&start=0
    (great news, indeed)

Miguel, Oct 17, 2008
  19. SbM

smilespray

For safety reasons it will be better to uninstall the old installers/drivers or to start on a new system installation.
    I started some tests with an other version with the ALC268 Installer1 and after this I have installed this version without uninstalling the old one before.[/quote:2nm5od6r]

Installed. Autosensing seems to work OK. I still had the buzzing sound after rebooting and had to turn down Internal Microphone to make it stop.

smilespray, Oct 17, 2008
  20. SbM

alienmeatsack

Has anyone tried a fresh install then running dd to image it for use later? I know I'd love to be able to just restore a dd image than have to reinstall teh whole thing each time something breaks.

alienmeatsack, Oct 17, 2008
Ask a Question