iATKOS v4i install and issues

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by SbM, Aug 18, 2008.

1. SbM

mfds

Well, I am willing to do everything again, if it will help solve any of my issues.....
    gw-acer,would you please explain to me what is the purpose of Speedstep and why not have it?

mfds, Oct 24, 2008
  2. SbM

denshaotoko808

You should have no shut down problems if you are following this:

AUDIO & SHUTDOWN (adapted from the InsanelyMac forum)
    Download ALC268 package from here http://rapidshare.com/files/152518779/A ... llit99.zip
    1. Run ALC268Installer 1, do NOT restart
    2. Use Paul's Kext Helper b7 to install HDAEnabler.kext
    3. Restart
    4. Use Paul's Kext Helper b7 to install AppleHDA.kext
    5. Restart
    6. Go to System Preferences > Sound > Input and set the Input volume of Internal microphone to 0%. If you don't do that you will hear a noise from the speakers.

I also installed the psystar Realtek ktext as well.

denshaotoko808, Oct 24, 2008
  3. SbM

mfds

Oops denshaotoko808, "you did again" :) THANK YOU!
    I've fix "forever working fan" after shutdown.
    Also for the first time I have a Input microphone choice in the system settings - audio ... BUT still not able to have audio input... tried to record something using audio recorder and have total silence.... do we have a fix for audio input or not yet?

mfds, Oct 24, 2008
  4. SbM

HiM

HiM, Oct 24, 2008
  5. SbM

zolker

i have one problem, in the first instalation with mac 10.5.4 in my aspire one, the webcam works fine, but now I have reinstalled mac 10.5.4 and the webcam not works, please help.

kext someone has the file on the webcam?

Thankyou! :p

zolker, Oct 24, 2008
  6. SbM

unx

opps! i cant d/l it!it saids:
    This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

unx, Oct 25, 2008
  7. SbM

HiM

HiM, Oct 25, 2008
  8. SbM

Maxwell Smart

Does that allow microphone use?

Maxwell Smart, Oct 26, 2008
  9. SbM

jeffs

I have a base install up following the original instructions but with the v4.1 iATKOS base image. Overall it is working well, but it is not perfect.

Issues I have seen:
    * xnu_speedstep (SpeedStep2) crashes the kernel. I've removed the original version, including the launchd hook. I tried 1.4.0 and it quickly crashes the kernel.

* configd is crashing when launching BatteryUpdater.bundle 1.3. This happens once per boot with a SIGBUS (null pointer). My battery icon does not update on its own, it must be poked with the mouse to update. Likely related. Does anyone else see this? I am tempted to try the ACPIBattery.kext.

* 10.5.5 update procedures from others (MSI Wind) result in a kernel panic. Has anyone managed to upgrade from this path to 10.5.5?

* Bonjour does not seem to work on the wired ethernet. I had the realtek.com version. But I ran their uninstall script, and install the one from the PostInstallScriptKext.dmg, which includes the psystar version that others have had success with. No problem wiht Bonjour with the 1390 wlan.

Thx

jeffs

jeffs, Oct 26, 2008
  10. SbM

denshaotoko808

I don't have any of those problems.
    Here's what I did:
    Follow sbm's install except:
    Don't install speedstep,

then do the following:

AUDIO & SHUTDOWN (adapted from the InsanelyMac forum)
    Download ALC268 package from here http://rapidshare.com/files/152518779/A ... llit99.zip
    1. Run ALC268Installer 1, do NOT restart
    2. Use Paul's Kext Helper b7 to install HDAEnabler.kext
    3. Restart
    4. Use Paul's Kext Helper b7 to install AppleHDA.kext
    5. Restart
    6. Go to System Preferences > Sound > Input and set the Input volume of Internal microphone to 0%. If you don't do that you will hear a noise from the speakers.

Lastly

7. Download and install Psystar Realtek R1000 driver to get bonjour working again.
    They recently changed the link but after some digging around i found it here: http://store.psystar.com/opensource/r1000

About 10.5.5 Update:
    Only person I've seen here that has been able to update to 10.5.5 with iAtkos was dfiore who posted a tutorial here but I tried it and it never worked. Not sure what else he did to make it work.

denshaotoko808, Oct 26, 2008
  11. SbM

mfds

I have been so blessed by this forum, so I want to ad my 2 cents and help others...
    Got Mic working... ichat, skype, audio recorder works perfect. The solution was a usb sound card named AUDIO ADVANTAGE AMIGO http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/amigo/home.aspx

It is not the perfect solution, but is fairly priced, small (like a regular usb pen), has a build in mic, so you don't need a extra mic to plug in...
    Out of the box, plug it in usb port and works immediately, no need to do anything, besides going to system settings and choosing the usb mic as mic source.
    Visiting Dallas, I got mine in Frys, 10.00 more expensive then online... but could not resist... :)

mfds, Oct 26, 2008
  12. SbM

jeffs

Thanks.

The updated psystar realtek link is the same from the recent package, but thanks for the updated pointer. I will have to look at it closer.

I have to admit one of the worst things about playing in this area is chasing down an non-versioned binary. Still trying to figure out where all the components come from, and how iATKOS is put together.

I am thinking of trying the boot 132 technique. I do very much appreciate the detail on this thread/method on what works and doesn't. It will take some time to match that.

jeffs, Oct 26, 2008
  13. SbM

justin

Does anybody know about a driver for the 1390 for XP? I got mine installed and it works PERFECTLY in OSX but not in XP... :(

justin, Oct 28, 2008
  14. SbM

mfds

Just Got mine Dell DW1390, followed the instructions on , Wiewless was working in 5 minutes! :)

mfds, Oct 28, 2008
  15. SbM

denshaotoko808

denshaotoko808, Oct 28, 2008
  16. SbM

the_case

remove speedstep?

Can someone let me know how I can switch away from using the speedstep kernel? I see mentions of it, but no details.

I tried the install options of checking Vanilla kernel and not checking the speedstep driver, but my install just does a boot loop.

the_case, Oct 28, 2008
  17. SbM

denshaotoko808

When installing, you should just not select speedstep and it should install iAtkos without speedstep... unless you are using a different installation method.

Tried speedstep once and then decided not to install it every time after that initial install.

denshaotoko808, Oct 28, 2008
  18. SbM

the_case

Which package (/System/Installation/Packages/ on the iATKOS4i DVD) would have that "default" iAtkos kernel? I don't feel like installing all over again when I just need a different kernel. I see 5 or 6 different Kernel packages.

UPDATE: Using Pacifist, I poked around in the OSInstall.mpkg file and see that 9E17kernel.pkg is being used. I'll try that one.

UPDATE2: Nope, that didn't work. Boot loop again. I'll wait and see if someone has a good answer.

the_case, Oct 28, 2008
  19. SbM

SbM

Just install WITHOUT checking the SpeedStep driver, that's all. Don't touch anything else.

SbM, Oct 28, 2008
  20. SbM

the_case

Yeah, I'll do that. Seems to take less time than experimenting with multiple kernels (and recovering from each failure).

the_case, Oct 28, 2008
Ask a Question