iATKOS v4i install and issues

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by SbM, Aug 18, 2008.

1. SbM

oVerload77

Perfect! Worked like a charm :)

Thanks

oVerload77, Nov 6, 2008
  2. SbM

MacUser

Is internal Mic working too? You use ACL_working.zip for that too?

MacUser, Nov 6, 2008
  3. SbM

MacUser

I Installed kest using ACL_working procedure (drivers from this http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5726&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60#p40857). Auto switching spk/hdphones is working but I noticed missing control of int mic level. It's ok? Mic Level (tested on Skyp Test Call) is very low but output sound form spk and headphones are defintly better. Just know sound is very clerar not noisy like erlier.

MacUser, Nov 6, 2008
  4. SbM

Guest Guest

I seem to be experiencing a kernal panic with this procedure when I try to shut down. It will restart fine, but give me the "hold down power button or I'll explode" jaz when I try to shut down. My mic appeared to be working, though. However, it would not work in ichat. I've also lost my effects button in ichat :?:

Guest, Nov 7, 2008
  5. SbM

jermzkill

I just want to know if anyone's mic is working with iChat? I've installed every audio package available and mine still isn't working. I read where peoples mic worked, but I'm not sure if it worked in iChat.

I've seen solutions by buying an usb sound card or using a blue tooth headset, but I don't want to use those...

jermzkill, Nov 7, 2008
  6. SbM

Philip Hsiao

Hi! I followed your steps and completed the installation on my Aspire One
    Excellent job, man~! Thanks a lot!

Just one question, about the sleep mode
    Have you resolved this issue? For me, it's a little trouble to reboot every time on sleep mode...@@
    I downloaded the Voodoo Beta, some say it could work, but had no idea how to install it...
    http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php? ... ntry916414
    Any suggestions?

Philip Hsiao, Nov 12, 2008
  7. SbM

Jazzle

You don't need to install, just put it in your root directory ('/'), call it mach_kernel.voodoo, press f8 at boot prompt and type 'mach_kernel.voodoo cpus=1'

But, it won't fix the sleep problem ;)
    I'm trying to fix it too, but have found out that it just isn't possible with the available kexts and kernels, someone with programming skills could fix it, but I can't seem to find anyone with programming skills and an Aspire One willing to do that.

Jazzle, Nov 12, 2008
  8. SbM

Philip Hsiao

Hi, thanks for the reply
    Did you try with Beta 1 or 2?
    Cause the version I downloaded specifically mentioned not to name the file as mach_kernal
    Perhaps the beta 2 version is worth a try?

9. SbM

Philip Hsiao

Well, try to boot exactly as the manual told for Beta2, still not working for the sleep mode... :?
    Thanks for the help anyway~ ;)

10. SbM

Jazzle

If you would call it 'mach_kernel' it'll overwrite the stock kernel, that's why I said 'mach_kernel.voodoo' :)

Jazzle, Nov 12, 2008
  11. SbM

Philip Hsiao

I see, but now I have a problem
    Before this installation I was able to shutdown properly, since I followed the tutorial pretty well
    But after booting the Voodoo, my Aspire won't shut down at all, what is the problem?
    Is there a way to reverse the installation?

Philip Hsiao, Nov 13, 2008
  12. SbM

homa2001

THANK YOU FOR THE AWESOME GUIDE!!!!

HI all.

Happily reporting that I installed OS X on my AAO zg5 with 512Mb/8G ssd (it is sloooooooow!!!) following the guide on the first page and everything works great except the well known parts (sleep and cards) and I actually dont' know that for fact, cuz I haven't tested sleep and cards yet (will report back).
    Updated bios to 3304 (where do you find 3305? acer site does not have it).
    Hot plug LAN ok.
    Scroll is really dodgy (will be removing, cuz it also screws up the whole syspref. The whole syspre top is screwed up and to fix it need to minimize it and restore it, but then it gets screwd up after a while again).
    Sound works, but havent' tested head phones or mic yet.

After like 15 reboots speedstep did not come up.

I have a question though: I have a 1G stick at work from my macbook which seem to fit by specs, so I guess I'll be taking my AAO apart on monday and along with that, I will put in an original Apple Airport card. I took it out from my MBP when I put in the 802.11n airport in it. So the question is, will the original apple airport card work in aao?

Another question: seems like if I leave my aao idling for long enough, it will freeze!!!! I disabled times sleep in power menu, however left the sleep display after 10 min, but it would still do that. It would sleep display. I touch the trackpad after a few minutes it would come back. But if I leave it for longer, it will not come back.

I installed InsomniaX, will see if that helps.

tx

homa2001, Nov 16, 2008
  13. SbM

bortek

Hi all,

Great guide, thanks to all!

I have installed osx , all seems to work except Bluetooth. I have purchased USB mini Bluetooth dongle but cant make it really work. Its a Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR. The problem is that its not possible to switch it off or on after I pair any device. The Bluetooth on/off option in the menu bar is not active. I tried with two different dongles, one Belkin and another Asus. Both behave exactly the same.

Then I tried with my very the old Bluetooth 1.0 USB adapter and everything works just fine. Must be something with the BT drivers that come with Iatkos OSX?

Anyone has a clue ir experienced similar problem?

bortek, Nov 16, 2008
  14. SbM

leebo

I concur. Im using iatkos and followed the same guide and cannot get my bluetooth dongle to pair at all although my iMac can see the AAO and vice versa.

Itd be handy to get this working.

leebo, Nov 16, 2008
  15. SbM

bortek

As said the old (Bluetooth 1.0) dongle works just fine. Try with several different devices e.g. mobile phone, headset. I tried with my SE K800i mobile and it works.

I still have problem with Bluetooth 2.0 dongle.

Can anyone confirm that you have a working BT 2.0 even after you pair it and restart your AAO?

bortek, Nov 17, 2008
  16. SbM

homa2001

Reporting that the original AirPort Extreme card that I pulled from my MBP when upgrading it to 802.11n AirPort works in AAO just fine. I mean, I haven't joined any networks yet, cuz I don't have wifi at work, but it can see networks around it.
    The 1Gb memory stick that I pulled from my MB at work when upgrading it to 4Gb also works fine in AAO.

The thing is still slooooooow, probably because of SSD, so it takes about a minute and a half to boot to a usable condition, but then it's still a bit laggy. Maybe one day I'll replace SSD for a real HDD.

Missing sleep :(

PS: SpeedStep menu does not come up anymore :(

homa2001, Nov 17, 2008
  17. SbM

BTallack

I've looked through a few of the pages, but I'll be honest I didn't make it through all 36 to find out if this has already been figured out, but is there a way to make it so that the AAO doesn't go into sleep (and subsequently shut off and crash) when you close the lid?

BTallack, Nov 25, 2008
  18. SbM

SbM

Install InsomniaX.

SbM, Nov 25, 2008
  19. SbM

karishbhr

can someone post a working link to ALC268FIX.zip?

karishbhr, Nov 25, 2008
  20. SbM

karishbhr

Also, if speedstep is working and my activity monitor shows two different graphs... is there any advantage to the voodoo kernel?

karishbhr, Nov 25, 2008
Ask a Question