iATKOS v4i install and issues

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by SbM, Aug 18, 2008.

1. SbM

nocturne1

Not to be a nag, but any update on the v5i installation info? I'm getting impatient waiting to get this thing up and running... :)

nocturne1, Dec 4, 2008
  2. SbM

diablonet

diablonet, Dec 4, 2008
  3. SbM

starstar2301

iATKOS v4i doesn't work...

Hello everyone.

I'm in a desperate situation :(

I have recently bought the Aspire One A150L (120gb HD, 1gb RAM) and I took advantage of this great tutorial for the installation of iATKOS v4i.
    I did everything as told (step A & B), rebooted and everything seemed fine. Then I turned off the computer so that I install the .kext's later.
    From that point, everytime I reboot, for some seconds everything works fine but then I get a blue screen saying "You need to restart your computer etc".

Am I the only one that didn't make it?
    Please help...

P.S. I could also try the iATKOS v5 & see what happens, but anyway help needed... thank you in advance...

UPDATE ************************************************************************

I have installed the iATKOS v5 and it works fine!!!

My problems:
    --- The AA1 cannot boot by itself to MacOSX, I always have to write "cpus=1"

starstar2301, Dec 5, 2008
  4. SbM

jermzkill

this thread should be locked...

jermzkill, Dec 5, 2008
  5. SbM

Karbooo

I just tried to install the iAtkos v5 with an external HDD..and i followed everything on this guidee but after I install, it kinda goes on a loop and after it boots the gray screen with thewhite apple logo, the One shuts off and reboots...it just keeps doing this and i dont know how to change it..I've reinstalled it like 3 times... Could someone help please.. :evil:

Karbooo, Dec 10, 2008
  6. SbM

Karbooo

I tried typing in --cpus=1-- like starstar and it booted so i would like to find a solution for that aswell....apart from that...its workin great

Karbooo, Dec 10, 2008
  7. SbM

habitual

i have a dell dw1350 (broadcom) card laying around. Will it work in place of the DW1390? I did a google search and found some info on insanelymac where someone used it in a IBM T40 and it was detected as apple airport and worked fine. Just wondering if anyone had tried to use it in the aspire yet? It would be sweet to just use what I have rather than having to order one and wait for it to arrive. Any help is appreciated.

habitual, Jan 4, 2009
  8. SbM

rory

no harm in trying

rory, Jan 4, 2009
  9. SbM

toellby

The links are down, is there any chance getting this zip's?
    Or is there any Chance Updating from 10.5.4 to 10.5.6?

Thanks...
    toellby

toellby, Jan 12, 2009
  10. SbM

bobd000

Help meeeee!!!!!!!!!! please :)
    I do not have a external DVD drive and i tryed the restoring the iAtkos disc to external usb hard drive but my computer restarts everytime i select the installation partition from darwin boot loader.
    i've tryed install osx onto the external hard drive then mirroring it onto the one's hdd but when i try to boot it i get loads of errors and it says press power button to reboot.
    I wan't to ultimately be dual booting xp and os x.
    im running the acer aspire one 150

Thanks in advance!!!

bobd000, Jan 15, 2009
  11. SbM

chalz

Use this guide:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9047

...to put iATKOS v5i 10.5.5 onto a thumb drive.

Then follow one of the iATKOS v5 installation guides on this page. (Might work the same if you use v4i, but I have tried it using the USB method)

chalz, Jan 15, 2009
  12. SbM

bobd000

Thax a lot!!!! Shall try :)

bobd000, Jan 16, 2009
  13. SbM

vastly11

I've installed iATKOS on my One ,but when I power it on ,select the partition,a white screen with the Apple's logo appears and the computer restart.What is the problem?(Sorry for my poor english) :( :x

vastly11, Mar 29, 2009
Ask a Question