iATKOS v4i install and issues

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by SbM, Aug 18, 2008.

1. SbM

dowhile

not sure but they both mismatched

everything is still running fine... I have started the system up a few times today and everything is loading "normal"

the sound of the fan is really annoying though

dowhile, Aug 31, 2008
  2. SbM

SbM

My USB drives work fine, and they've worked fine from day 1. So I guess I don't have to install this fix... Glad you found a solution to your problem, though ;)
    Mine is really quiet...

SbM, Aug 31, 2008
  3. SbM

dowhile

damn consider yourself lucky :p

the other day in class I was getting stares for how loud it was lol :eek:

then I tried that app for xp/vista and it had the fan super quiet!

dowhile, Sep 1, 2008
  4. SbM

aRt

yo dudes and dudettes

I just figured Id add sum info here:

have u noticed how all features of certain apps arent accessible because their buttons go outside the screen on the bottom?

I have created a widget application - that resizes the Graphical User interface of Mac OS X.
    Quartz Debug no longer lets u go underneath 1x scale - my app goes as deep as u dare ....
    finally I can access the whole of photobooth :D

[​IMG]

I will report when the widget is ready for release :)

[​IMG]

aRt, Sep 1, 2008
  5. SbM

dowhile

looks nice!

dowhile, Sep 1, 2008
  6. SbM

SbM

Absolutely brilliant, aRt! Well done!

SbM, Sep 1, 2008
  7. SbM

blue2you

Hi everybody!
    Thank you for providing some very useful information about how to install Mac OS X on the AAO!
    I've done my installation today(I have a Linpus 8GB SSD version), but I realised that the run speed is very low
    and it's almost impossible or very difficult to use the OS X (with my stock SSD)!
    I've tried also to install the Mac OS X on my external USB hard drive with no success!(I don't know why?)
    I have also an 1,5 GB RAM, so my question is: buying a 1,8" internal hard drive will improve the performances?(I think yes, but I want to be sure?!)
    And one more question: what do you think about the new SSD 40 or 60GB->it will be better than a 1,8" HDD?
    Thanks and have a nice day!

blue2you, Sep 1, 2008
  8. SbM

aRt

for installing on external usb drive

make sure u make partition active

use osx86tools.app

also! use that toolset to install pcEFIv8 - I trust that more than chameleon atm... I also have no issues

no sharing issues etc...

no problems all things work

:)

aRt

btw, do that 1.8 inch hard disk mod

I have 130gigs here

aRt, Sep 1, 2008
  9. SbM

zakfontaine

Just wanted to give SbM compliments for a great guide. Everything went pretty smooth, but I did have problems with the hanging blue screen. It is because those drivers try to push an unsupported display setting onto the laptop display. You can go in and remove the kext you just installed by hooking the One up to an external monitor. I installed each kext one at a time and rebooted. 1st Natit, 2nd Frame Buffer, 3rd GMA950. I didn't have quartz extreme enabled until the installation of GMA950. Hope this helps.

- Zak

zakfontaine, Sep 1, 2008
  10. SbM

batman31

Please help??

I am ready to install but I am trying to setup my system to dual boot vista and OSX. I have 1.5gb RAM and 300GB HD installed and a dell 1390 card installed. I have an external DVD writer to boot from but here is my problem?

How do you setup dual boot? I am afraid that using this current guide will erase my vista partition? Using this guide and the disk utilities option wont allow me to partition the 300gb drive to not erase the vista portion?? Do i first make a partition through vista?

Please help as I have vista running very smoothly and would hate to run a muck!

Thx in advance!

batman31, Sep 1, 2008
  11. SbM

zakfontaine

Hey, I just made a tutorial document on how I set up my dual boot this morning. I do know that in vista you can shrink partitions. You may be able to do that, or try a partition bootCD such as partition magic or gparted. I've always backed up and did fresh formats.

zakfontaine, Sep 1, 2008
  12. SbM

dowhile

Hey aRt

I'm lost at this step

"also removed all acpi thermal fan control as this is all done by the bios... according to cpu temp."

how is this done? Is there some *.kext to be deleted? Or am I looking elsewhere?

thanks!

dowhile, Sep 1, 2008
  13. SbM

wilvo

Anyone working on a fix for the sleep issue?

wilvo, Sep 3, 2008
  14. SbM

xavieyz

iATKOS v4 installation perfectly

just wanted to say that I successfully installed this version on my ONE , I have a 120Gig HD, I first tried to install it to a USB thumbdrive 8gig, and it failed, I used Kalyways version using the thumbdrive and it took 4 hours to install and was unusable due to the speed being so slow

I decided to install iATKOS on half the 120gig hardrive. partioning using diskutility on the mac install disk using GUID partition scheme. I am really happy with the performance of the OSX on this laptop its fast. I am gonna add the 1gig ram today and order a wifi card eventually

I want to reinstall linpus on the second partition what steps should I take to not effect the mac

edit, one issue I seem to have is I connect the ONE to a external display and when I reboot the mac startup screen and bios info shows up on the external display but then it goes blank. Mac display settings show 2 displays connected and it reconizes the brand of monitor however the monitor says not connected.

How do I switch the display on. FN + F6 makes the ONE screen go blank and other monitor stays blank. do I need an additional Kexts

xavieyz, Sep 6, 2008
  15. SbM

fletch33

i have found that it only seems to work for my external when i wait to connect it after OSX loads if i have it connected during boot i have problems with it like you are having.

fletch33, Sep 6, 2008
  16. SbM

xavieyz

I got it working , then I broke it.

I was using the external display as an extension, I was trying to switch the screen over to the 19" and I selected mirror display and now both screens are all static and I can't uncheck mirror display, if I unplug the external monitor everything is ok with the ONE, but I can't uncheck the option unless the external is connected.

is there any way to reset the display settings by editing a file or terminal?

xavieyz, Sep 6, 2008
  17. SbM

fletch33

2 things to try:

1. easiest :) go to your mac HDD/system/library/PreferencePanes/right click on Displays.prefPane and choose " show package contents/Contents/move to trash info.plist and version.plist but dont delete them in case there is a problem and then try and hook up your monitor again

2. system preferences/display/show in taskbar/ left click it (in task bar)to have it highlighted so that you know you are on it and the drop down box is showing/ the first choice will be detect display and although you will not see it the one below that will be "turn off mirroring when you you plug it in/ you have to try and hit this without seeing it, it takes some patience but you can get it.

in the future DO NOT hit detect displays or turn on mirroring

good luck and i hope that helps

fletch33, Sep 7, 2008
  18. SbM

SonyStyle

Finally I installed iAtkos 4i on my AAO successfully!!
    The problem that stopped my from booting the os after installation, was all about the boot loader!! I Installed and individual EFI BOOT loader after installation (from Terminal) and now everything works fine!
    Since I upgraded my AAO to 80GB HDD & 1.5GB RAM & Broadcom 4311 Wireless G Card, everything works perfect in Leopard!! the only remained issue is sleep... I Wish someone find a solution for it asap... :(
    Is there any solution to avoid computer go to sleeep when lid closed?? I googled a little, there's a kext called "Insomnia" which is able to do it, but I couldnt find it anywhere to download!! does anyone in here has it??? :roll:

Thanx to SbM for this guide that helped me a lot... specially about post installation part... ;)

SonyStyle, Sep 8, 2008
  19. SbM

justcurios

justcurios, Sep 8, 2008
  20. SbM

SbM

So do I... I installed a Broadcom card yesterday as well, and like you say it works perfect, no need to set anything.

You're welcome! I'm glad people find it useful.

SbM, Sep 8, 2008
Ask a Question