iAtkos v5 10.5.5 install guide including 10.5.6 update

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by diablonet, Dec 6, 2008.

1. diablonet

aretx

OK, thanks a lot, I knew what HT in Athom processors means, and why about this mac show a core solo and two processors... but already I've not noticed at all this unstability you talk about. Meanwhile I've been using "my little AAOmac" as faster as never, and solid as never before, further I'll be aware about your impressions... thanks again for so patience, attention, amability and gentle.

It surprised me that a Jabugo costs as a half AAO, :eek: Here an authentic Jabugo is about 2 or 3 AAO.

Cheers :D

aretx, Dec 20, 2008
  2. diablonet

aretx

One more question diablonet, abusing of your great amability: it is possible to delete de icon in the up bar about "power card off" that appears 4 times??? they are the slots of the cards that still don't work properly (apagar tarjeta).
    If you insert a sd card then you will find six "power card off"

cheers

aretx, Dec 20, 2008
  3. diablonet

robotmaker

if u want to permanently delete the icon, go to ur HDD and system/library/coreservices/menuextras and delete (or move) the ppcard (or somthin' like that)

peace out

robotmaker, Dec 21, 2008
  4. diablonet

aretx

Thanks a lot friend, now this is OK... ;)

After upgrading 10.5.6 I've lost (as everybody do) the keyb and mouse preferences. From 10.5.4, a friend of mine gave me from its Mac Book Pro the "spanish.lproj" which is into System/library/PreferencePanes/Keyboard.Prefpane, and I used it from 10.5.4, 10.5.5 OK till 10.5.6; now I have two mouses prefs, two trackpads, a keyboard and a bluetooth and hotkeys... 7 parts into key and mouse prefs...the problem is that now I can't configure trackpad properly, do you know a way to fix this as in 10.5.4 or 10.5.5 ???

peace on earth... :D

aretx, Dec 21, 2008
  5. diablonet

esajw

Thank you for the iAtkos v5, struggled for so long with other versions and so called 'guides'!! Yours was very clear and easy to follow. As a novice this was great as no assumptions are taken previous knowledge, great! :D

Anyway, I am having problems with sleep and shutdown panics both with system (kernal panic on shutdown) and InsoniaX (restart happening whatever I do). Is there there part of the process I can redo, or does it mean a complete reinstall? I have not installed the update but have done the full iso. Spaces is disabled.

Everything else seems to work fine. Any thoughts? Many thanks. Jon

esajw, Jan 2, 2009
  6. diablonet

diablonet

About sleep, at this time does not work, use InsomniaX to disable sleep, about shutdown panic, the audio kext go to energy save mode when you run your aspire one on battery (or electricity mode without a battery attached), when you shutdown your aspire one, you will get kernel panic, to fix that play any sound "volume up and down until you hear something"(this will wake up the audio card) then shutdown, when you are on electricity mode this never happends, cause no need for audio energy save mode...

On InsomniaX go to Preferences, check LOAD ON START) then go to your account on prefpane and load InsomniaX on user logon....

Good luck!

diablonet, Jan 3, 2009
  7. diablonet

esajw

:D Thanks, shutdown now working with audio woken from sleep, lazy thing!
    In InsomniaX should hibernation be enabled or disabled, or does it not matter?
    Will try the 10.5.6 update soon.
    For information: Put in a recommended hackintosh wireless card from ebay which works great (easy to fit once I had found one of the video guides out there on utube etc.).
    Cheers again

esajw, Jan 3, 2009
  8. diablonet

diablonet

Hello, stay away from Hibarnation, just the settings I mentioned, about wireless card, look for this one "DW 1390"
    just replacer yours with this one and VOILA!!! thats it...

Greetings!

diablonet, Jan 4, 2009
  9. diablonet

nicolo

Yeah, do this man. I bought one on eBay for $13 dollars. Installed it, booted, BAM! WIFI, NO problems.

So much easier than trying to figure out the stock WIFI card ( unless you like to tinker ).

nicolo, Jan 5, 2009
  10. diablonet

cpellerano

I have installed the custom kernel Voodoo 9.5.0 using their install utility. Everything is working perfectly. Should i still continue on step 5 :

5.- Go to Terminal and run:
    sudo su
    (type user password)
    cd /
    chown root:wheel mach_kernel.voodoo
    chmod 644 mach_kernel.voodoo
    pico .hidden
    (Write: mach_kernel.voodoo)
    (Press CTRL+X Y Enter)
    killall Finder

Is this necesary? What does it do ? Am afraid itll mess things up

cpellerano, Jan 5, 2009
  11. diablonet

diablonet

that step is optional (just cosmetic) cause you will see those files in finder, and that instructions are for hidde kernel files...

diablonet, Jan 5, 2009
  12. diablonet

cpellerano

Diablonet thanks for your response.

Regarding the 5 sec wait (press any key for operating system) in darwin, is there any way to get rid of this ?

thanks again

cpellerano, Jan 5, 2009
  13. diablonet

cpellerano

Regarding that same point. I get a "Sleep has Garbage" "Hibernation Failed" prior to login
    Is this normal ?

cpellerano, Jan 5, 2009
  14. diablonet

diablonet

You welcome, about the boot process, it is an EFI Emulator, all the information it says, hibernation and so on is completely normal, and if you delete that bootloader, you will not be able to use Hackintosh :D

diablonet, Jan 5, 2009
  15. diablonet

cpellerano

I mean just the wait time. Any way to avoid the 5 second countdown ?

cpellerano, Jan 5, 2009
  16. diablonet

cpellerano

Was just able to do it editing the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

And enabling the Quiet Boot and setting the timeoout to 0

cpellerano, Jan 5, 2009
  17. diablonet

MotoX

Re: iAtkos v5 10.5.5 Install Guide

How did you get it to read SDHC?? I have a 16GB SDHC for my Palm Treo and it would be awsome if my AcerOneOSX would read it. :)
    I have read that http://osxsdhci.sourceforge.net/ is very unstable so I have not tried it and have also read that it only recognizes SD (up to 2gb i think).
    Thanks in advance.

MotoX, Jan 6, 2009
  18. diablonet

J.A

I have an 8gb SDHC Card that I am currently using and it is running fine. Trying checking this thread: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/sd-card ... 60s20.html for the updated drivers. I have noticed that the versions from http://osxsdhci.sourceforge.net/ are not as up to date as those on the thread. I am using sdhc-v3 which is located on page 16 of the thread. They have a newer version but I have not had the time to upgrade to that one yet.

J.A, Jan 6, 2009
  19. diablonet

MotoX

You had me excited there for a second. The link you have there is a 404.

MotoX, Jan 7, 2009
  20. diablonet

ahovis

Take a look here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9341 . My 8 gig works great on OSX and XP with NO issues at all!

ahovis, Jan 7, 2009
Ask a Question