iAtkos v5 10.5.5 install guide including 10.5.6 update

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by diablonet, Dec 6, 2008.

1. diablonet

chalz

Firstly...no. I don't think I performed step 30 correctly. I thought I did at the time, but now given that nothing seems to be working like it should, I'm fairly confident it's safe to say that I didn't. Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with what it was and what it should be to know for sure...so I'm now in the process of reinstalling. No big deal, besides, the Terminal practice will probably do me some good.

As for the audio, I noticed your recent posts, and I will try some of the code you mentioned. Thanks for the tip on "waking up" the sound.

Wireless: Nope. Haven't changed it yet. The 1490 should be here in the next couple of days. Question, though, do I need to change any code when I install it, or will it likely just pick it up? BTW: SbM, you've been a great help. Thanks!

chalz, Jan 14, 2009
  2. diablonet

SbM

Take special care to install it NOT in /System/Extensions/ but INSIDE the ApplePS2Controller.kext you'll find there (right-click on it, then select "Show Package Contents").
    After that, open Terminal and type:
    sudo su
    (type username password)
    chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
    chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
    rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

No extra code needed : the 1490 will be seen as a genuine Airport card and will work out of the box.

SbM, Jan 14, 2009
  3. diablonet

chalz

I'm pretty sure the first portion (installation of file in right place) was where I faltered the last time around.

Now, in the terminal, I just want to clarify:

Do I enter each line, one at a time, or do I copy and paste the entire bunch in all at once? Last time around I entered each line one at a time after sudo su (passoword)

chalz, Jan 14, 2009
  4. diablonet

SbM

each line one at a time

SbM, Jan 14, 2009
  5. diablonet

chalz

Thought that was the case, got it just now, and have full keyboard functionality. :)

Thank you very much for your patience. I'm far from being computer n00b...but I'm a little less profficient when it comes to running terminal commands, which makes me a little over-cautious sometimes. (Which is good...but some of the coolest things anyone has ever done were done with reckless abandon. :lol: )

At any rate, I'm repairing permissions right now, which means I'm done until my wireless card gets here. (I don't feel like muddling around with updates right now or any time soon...'specially since I just got it up and running)

chalz, Jan 14, 2009
  6. diablonet

MartDawg

Hello All,
    Ive been reading extensively on this site and finnaly found this guide, but i have a problem.\
    The install goes fine but upon the first time i start the os and go to edit the boot.plist file in the terminal i get this,

com.apple.Boot.plist: No such file or directory

ive gotten this error trying to install kalyway also. any ideas? this is driving me crazy? can someone post their boot.plist and maybe i can just build one? did i do something wrong??

Thanks in advacne for any help

MartDawg, Jan 14, 2009
  7. diablonet

chalz

If nobody has replied by the time I get home tonight, I will post it up. I can't right now because I don't have an internet connection for the Acer. (At work)

Now, for my question:

For some reason I am not able to select any other display than 800x600, and any screenshot I take is in this resolution. I installed all of the kext packages, and I'm getting the idea that the resolution fix should have been in Package 1, but before reinstalling I wanted to double check to see if there is something aside from isntalling the Package that I needed to do.

chalz, Jan 14, 2009
  8. diablonet

SbM

Are you positively sure you're trying to edit "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist" ? The file is there, that's for sure : it's there even on a "real" Mac ;)

SbM, Jan 14, 2009
  9. diablonet

SbM

Follow diablonet's instructions to a T and you should be fine. AFAIK there's nothing else to install to get full 1024x600 resolution.

SbM, Jan 14, 2009
  10. diablonet

Kopsis

As I recall, you don't get full resolution until the reboot after the "Part 2" kext install.

Kopsis, Jan 14, 2009
  11. diablonet

chalz

That's odd...I know I installed Part 2, and I know I rebooted afterwards. Perhaps I'll try installing the kext again, unless anyone thinks that might cause problems.

chalz, Jan 14, 2009
  12. diablonet

Erudagrian

Hi I've got a problem with my external CD/DVD drive and the DVD player that is bothering me because it also screws Front Row the error code is 70012 Thanks for any help you can give me

Erudagrian, Jan 15, 2009
  13. diablonet

chalz

Odd...the code one would use to fix this on an Apple computer with OSX can be found here:

http://www.mac-help.com/forums/attachme ... 1202804801
    (You will need to sign up to the forum to d/l the file)

I would use caution, though, running the code on a non-Mac with OSX.

I would wait for more suggestions before running such a code. There is a possibility, though, that you're one of the first to run into this issue on an AAO...in which case you would be the guinea pig. If no one else posts up with info on this, I would back everything on your computer up, and give it a shot, then post up the results ASAP to others have more of an idea on what to do in a similar situation.

chalz, Jan 15, 2009
  14. diablonet

MartDawg

i agree entirely, thats why i was so confused. however, in my lack of patience i reinstalled osx and the file seems to be accessible now. not sure what the issue was but a reinstall seemed to rectify it. thanks for your replys though!

new questions! has anyone gotten imovie to work? i know the machine is fairly underpowered to run imovie but i was curious if anyone had gotten this working. also my webcam works only when i want to take a new account picture. it does not work for photobooth or imagecapture. i get a image device not detected error. or some variation of that at least. any ideas?

MartDawg, Jan 16, 2009
  15. diablonet

MartDawg

just thought i would give everyone an update, iMovie is working beautifully! once i updated to 10.5.6 and updated quicktime and imovie, everything worked flawlessly! importing take a little longer than it should however, browsing clips through the timeline and creating a movie works great. still no luck on the webcam though. any takers?

MartDawg, Jan 16, 2009
  16. diablonet

bobd000

STILL UNSOLVED :cry:
    I'm having problems :(

I followed the guide except i put the iAtkos v5 onto a usb hdd and then started the installation and i have my hard drive in 2 partitions, the first with xp and the second was for OS X.
    The installation goes fine except when i reboot i just get a boot0: error!!
    I've tryed marking the partition as active in terminal but that didn't help. is anyone else having this problem and how do i overcome it.

Thanks in advance!

PS i am able to access another mac but with no internet and i can boot into xp on my aspire one when i mark partition 1 as active in terminal from the iAtkos CD that is on a external hdd.

UPDATE
    I marked the xp partition as active booted into it - then used the command prompt to mark the osx partition as active and i still get a boot0 error

"boot0: MBR
    boot0: done _"

then it just stops there.
    Any advise would be appreciated - Thanks!

bobd000, Jan 17, 2009
  17. diablonet

RottGutt

Hello,

First and foremost, thank you for this GREAT guide! It went very smoothly, and did not seem to have any problems. I DO have 2 small issues though.

I followed the guide perfectly, but I get:

1) NO ethernet connectivity. Ethernet Adapter (en0) does show up in my System profiler, but I cannot do anything with it. I plug a known good cable into the port but I get no connection lights. When the AAO boots, the lights flash, but once in OS X I get nothing. I have a Dell 1490 wireless card on order, but I would like ethernet to work too. I cannot do the 10.5.6 update until I get this working.

2) My display is limited to 800x600. I did install the Voodoo kernel without it giving me any issues, so I am at a loss here.

Any suggestions, other than maybe formatting and trying the installation again?

Thanks!

Tim

RottGutt, Jan 17, 2009
  18. diablonet

jaumedejuan

Hi, I'm new into the scene and I'm struggling to boot any hackintosh iso from a USB stick, hopefully some of you guys will be able to help me.

My AAO is the 120GB model, which came with Linpus, BIOS is v0.3301

What I have done so far is:
    0- Installed Windows 7 on a 25GB partition
    1- downloaded iAtkos 5i (XxX 10.5.6_Leo_Install_Rev1 too)
    2- Repartitioned this usb stick Corsair Flash Voyager 16GB, as 1 HFS+ volume with MBR
    3- Used Osx86tools 1.0.150 to Install PC_EFI v8 (also tried with Chameleon EFI)
    4- When I put the usb in any of the ports, it lights up as mounting and I get a blank screen with the prompt flashing at the top left (waited for about 20 mins) and it just stays there. No Darwin bootloader, no anything.

All in all I have made 4 attempts, that is combining iAtkos 5i and then XXX_Leo_Install with both EFIs, always ending with the same result at step #4

(On a side note I can assure that the USB boot itself is working fine as I have managed to boot: WinPE with 2003 R2, Ubuntu 8.04, DSL and gOS with no issues whatsoever)

I have seen several articles on these forums and some more by googling with slight variations of the steps listed above, but overall I getthe feeling that I have covered most variables, still there's something that I'm definitely not doing correctly.

Could someone let me know what I may have missed or what I am doing wrong altogether?

Thanks a lot fellas

jaumedejuan, Jan 18, 2009
  19. diablonet

smacman

smacman, Jan 18, 2009
  20. diablonet

pink

I'm vanilla, not iAtkos sorry, but my webcam takes movies OK (ish)
    I use QuicktimePro: mp4 is fine, Device Native was working until I updated QT
    from the 7.2 in the OS-X installer to newest 7.5.5. Now it still takes Device Native
    movies, but they are not viewable, picture window is blank. The movie is OK
    because I can export it to other formats.

pink, Jan 18, 2009
Ask a Question