iAtkos v5 10.5.5 install guide including 10.5.6 update

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by diablonet, Dec 6, 2008.

1. diablonet

jaumedejuan

Thanks that's exactly what it was :D

Installed everything to the letter including 10.5.6 and voodoo kernel, no kernel panics or strange stuff.
    Everything apart from the wifi is working pretty well, I'm rather pleased with the experience so far.

thanks all!

jaumedejuan, Jan 18, 2009
  2. diablonet

RottGutt

Ok, I just did a complete fresh re-installation, and my Ethernet works this time. I am still stuck at 800x600 resolution though. Any ideas?

Tim

RottGutt, Jan 19, 2009
  3. diablonet

chuckcalo

Have you tried installing the Video drivers?

chuckcalo, Jan 19, 2009
  4. diablonet

RottGutt

All I did was follow the instructions from the first post exactly. Can you please tell me how to install the video drivers? I did not see any steps to install video drivers.

Tim

RottGutt, Jan 19, 2009
  5. diablonet

SbM

After these steps :

"19.- Using "kext helper", install Kexts/Part1, dont reboot yet.
    20.- Delete /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle
    21.- Reboot."

You should get 1024x600 resolution and QE/CI enabled. Can you please tell us in as much detail as possible how you performed those steps?

SbM, Jan 19, 2009
  6. diablonet

RottGutt

Hello, and thanks for the reply.

I opened kext helper, and dragged Kexts/Part1 to the window.
    I then supplied my password and clicked "Easy Install".
    I then deleted PowerManagement.bundle from /System/Library/SystemConfiguration.
    I then rebooted.

Tim

RottGutt, Jan 19, 2009
  7. diablonet

SbM

Try dragging the 4 files inside Kexts/Part1 instead.

Did it install fine? Did Kext Helper return an error code or something?

SbM, Jan 19, 2009
  8. diablonet

RottGutt

Hehe, well I am re-installing again. 3rd time is a charm, right? After my last post, I made the mistake of just trying to re-install the video driver, and the laptop now locks up at boot. I will drag the files out of the folders this time instead of dragging the folders into kext helper. Kext helper always told me the installs went fine, but you never know. Will let you know how it goes!

Tim

RottGutt, Jan 19, 2009
  9. diablonet

RottGutt

SbM,

Thank you so much for settng me straight. I did as you suggested and dragged the files from the Part1, Part2, and Part3 folders into kext helper instead of dragging the whole folder in. It all worked great, and I now have the correct resolution on my AAO, and my ethernet works great too. One last question. I want to do the upgrade to 10.5.6 now. When I run the Software Update utility, it finds a bunch of other stuff besides 10.5.6. Is it safe to update everything, or will that mess up my install?

I am also curious, where is Boot Camp on this installation? According to the Apple.com documentation, it is supposed to be in Application/Utilities, but it is not there. It is supposed to be part of Leopard. Was it deleted from this hackintosh version?

Tim

RottGutt, Jan 19, 2009
  10. diablonet

bobd000

Hey,

Does anyone know how to get the VGA out working.
    When i plug it in the display just mucks up and i can't do anything until i unplug it.
    Also does anyone know how to reset the system preferences to default - i think there may be a setting making the displays muck up but i can't change it because the displays are mucked up lol.
    Other problems that I'm having is on shutdown i always get a kernel panic and have to press and hold the power button however the restart button works fine.

Thanks a lot!

bobd000, Jan 19, 2009
  11. diablonet

SbM

Great!

To be on the safe side, I first updated to 10.5.6 only, and did all the other updates afterwards. They're all safe.

Probably, but I don't know much about BootCamp as I've never used it.

SbM, Jan 19, 2009
  12. diablonet

Kopsis

Boot Camp is for Apple hardware only. It basically does the opposite of what Chameleon/EFIv9 bootloaders do. Apple hardware uses a special kind of BIOS (EFI) that is really nothing like the standard PC BIOS. Boot Camp tricks Windows into thinking it's running on a machine with a standard PC BIOS (even though it's really EFI). Chameleon/EFIv9 trick OS X into thinking its running on an EFI BIOS (even though it's really PC BIOS).

The AAO is PC BIOS and can run Windows natively, so all you need to do if you want to dual boot Windows/OS X on the AAO is follow one of the many guides you can find in this forum or on Insanely Mac. No Boot Camp required.

Kopsis, Jan 19, 2009
  13. diablonet

RottGutt

Ah, thanks for the info Kopsis!

Tim

RottGutt, Jan 19, 2009
  14. diablonet

jaumedejuan

Just for the record, my system is dual booting Windows 7 and hackintosh and the process was pretty much automatic.

I started installed Vista on the first partition, and then I continued installing Mac OS X on the second partition by following this tutorial.
    The resulting bootloader allows you to select the OS that you want to run without having to proceed with any extra steps.
    If you install a Windows system after having installed hackintosh you will probably lose your MBR, meaning that you'll have to adjust the boot process afterwards.

When thinking of have dual/triple/x number of operating systems it's always a good idea to start with Windows first, because the bootloading techniques of all Windows flavours have traditionally been very "exclusive" by default.

jaumedejuan, Jan 19, 2009
  15. diablonet

Azzle

Hi what a great guide keep up the good work!

I pretty much have done all the installing and upgrades possible as per this "How To" but I dont have ethernet working and I need a guide how to do this please

"On InsomniaX go to Preferences, check LOAD ON START) then go to your account on prefpane and load InsomniaX on user logon...." its the load insomniax on user logon I dont get" sorry just a thickie newbie

I would also like to know how I get finger scrolling on the touch pad i have it tap clicking but not scrolling

Any help would be ace

Azzle, Jan 21, 2009
  16. diablonet

SbM

Forget InsomniaX and install DoNotSleep.pkg instead.

SbM, Jan 21, 2009
  17. diablonet

Azzle

Any idea where I can get do not sleep?

Azzle, Jan 21, 2009
  18. diablonet

jaumedejuan

jaumedejuan, Jan 21, 2009
  19. diablonet

Azzle

Thanks for that will this stop the panics on shut down now? And will I need to un instal Insomniax? If so how do you delete software in os x?

An finally does anybody know how to sort out the ethernet port?

Thanks again

Azzle, Jan 22, 2009
  20. diablonet

jaumedejuan

Insomiax and donotsleep do not the same function the difference is that insomniax gives you a UI to handle the program.
    If you have installed DonotSleep you can now remove insomniax.
    What this software does is to keep the computer from sleeping when you close the lid or when the energy saver quicks in.
    It will put the display in standby though but that's all.

If the panic mentions the AppleHDAController, here's a fix for you http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8006&p=52228&hilit=systemsound#p52228

Ethernet port worked for me without requiring any extra steps. you may have missed a kext or two during your installation. Make sure that you have used all 3 kext folder and that you have added the actual files to the kext tool not the folder itself. That should make it.

jaumedejuan, Jan 22, 2009
Ask a Question