iAtkos v5 10.5.5 install guide including 10.5.6 update

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by diablonet, Dec 6, 2008.

1. diablonet

Azzle

Fantastic all downloaded and installed do you know where I can now find the system sounds installed on the HAC? sorry being a dumb arse!!

And should I just reinstall the 3 Kext files again to get the ethernet port working again?

Will this cock up any updates as I am now running a fully updated HAC?

Thanks again

Azzle, Jan 22, 2009
  2. diablonet

diablonet

This is for SbM, I installed the sound enabler at shut down, it works fawlessly, I will update my guide pointing to that solution... thank you again!

diablonet, Jan 22, 2009
  3. diablonet

SbM

You're welcome diablonet, I thank /you/ for your work on the 10.5.5/10.5.6 install procedure ;)

SbM, Jan 22, 2009
  4. diablonet

Vrah333

Hey,

The PowerManagement.bundle does not seeem to make the difference between Adapter Power and Battery power.

When my 6-cell battery is plugged in, the audio circuitery is always turned on. But when I'm plugged in with the AC adapter, the audio circuitery is not always running. As a consequence, audio playback always has a delay of 5-6 seconds before you can hear any audio.

This is quite an interesting bug. Can anyone else confirm this?

Running on 10.5.5 using this guide to install.
    Aspire one A110-1698, 16GB SSD model, but using external USB2.0 HD for MAC.

Kind regards,
    V

Vrah333, Jan 23, 2009
  5. diablonet

backtick

I have the exact same wired ethernet issue, with everything else working fine. I did the kexts by dragging the files into the helper, and not by dragging the folder, so I'm pretty sure I did that right; I was being as anal retentive as I could while doing this to try for a 'pure' box :) The box boots fine, and everything works, but the ethernet (which was linked when I booted from the cd and showed link, etc) now no longer shows a link light on the Aspire, same error as listed by the previous poster. Any idea of a solution besides a complete reinstall?

*Edit* Since I saw that post above about it, it made me think: When I did the install the network was wired in the entire time. Can the previous reporter of the issue explain if s/he had the ethernet plugged in during the first (ethernet-killing) process, and if that was NOT the case during the second (successful) installation? Thanks!

*Edit2* I followed the exact same steps, same dvd, same USB key w/ the kexts and tools, all in the same ports, etc, and the only thing I changed was never plugging in the ethernet cable at all. Worked just fine, so after I get a carbon copy clone, I'll prolly try again and see if I can replicate it by having the ethernet plugged in.

backtick, Jan 24, 2009
  6. diablonet

Vrah333

Hi again.

The following are bugs related to the powermagement of Mac OS X on the Acer Aspire One. Laptop model is A110-1698 (16GB SSD) though it appears to occur on different models as well.

1.a When the laptop is plugged in with AC adapter, the audio goes to sleep and any audio playback (including system sounds) has a delay of 4-6 seconds before you can start hearing the playback.

1.b When working only with the battery pack plugged in, the audio also goes to sleep, as aformentioned. When both the AC adapter and battery are plugged in at the same time, the audio is always alive, and thus there is no audio playback delay when playing any kind of audio.

1.c When the AC adapter and battery are plugged in, the battery does not get charged. The battery life goes down (power taken from the battery). Whereas in Linpus, the battery gets charged.

2.a The proposed UPDATE 3 workaround to prevent the kernel panic only works if you have logged in into your account. IF you get to the login prompt and decide to reboot or shutdown, you still get a kernel panic. This happens with the Voodoo1.0A kernel as well as with the 10.5.6 vanilla kernel.

EDIT: When the battery is fully charged, and both AC adapter and battery are plugged in, then:
    1. OS X recognizes the power input as coming from the AC adapter and audio does not sleep.
    2. The power is not taken from the battery.

EDIT: All of this occurs with latest Bios Version 3309 from Acer's official release on their website.

Best Regards,

V

Vrah333, Jan 24, 2009
  7. diablonet

SkizZO

Hola guys, i've followed this guide, and all goes well, but i have some trouble with point 18, because i've done it, and the mac hasn't booted anymore....
    Here is, in shyntax, what i have done in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist
    :

<key>Kernel Flag</key>
    <string>cpus=1</string>

I have rebooted without installing kext pack1.....

Can someone tell me something? now i ahave reinstalled the MacOS, and want to ask to you before cause damage....

SkizZO, Jan 27, 2009
  8. diablonet

SbM

It's "Kernel Flags", plural.

SbM, Jan 27, 2009
  9. diablonet

SkizZO

ok, many thanx, another issue:

- First, I've missed the "s" in the forum, but i remember, i've not touched the "Kernel Flags" string.... BTW the procedure is the right one.... am i ok??

-And.... What if i want to install MACOS on an HFS journaled case sensitive partition?? i have BOOT 0 Error: I try to activate the partition via the terminal, but it gave me always error;
    Also, if i want to copy chameleon 1.0.11 FROM the MacOS Installer with an USBkey, it doesn't mount the usbkey (FAT32 Formatted, MBR) wich contains the files to copy into the drive.....(note that i have already an usb key to install macOS, but both are recognized)
    Someone has suggestions??

SkizZO, Jan 27, 2009
  10. diablonet

jrvirtue

I had the same problem, so just for kicks I re-installed **just** the ethernet drivers from the iatkos dvd. It complained a bit at the end of the installation about not being able to boot the system but once I rebooted I had ethernet.

Cheers

jrvirtue, Jan 28, 2009
  11. diablonet

Gom33

Hey guys,

just a quick question... is a usb dvd drive NEEDED to install osx on the one or is there any way to install it from a USB memory stick?

Any help is greatly appreciated, I will be receiving my one in a couple of days and just searching the site for all the things i can do with it, lol.

thans in advance

raphael

Gom33, Jan 28, 2009
  12. diablonet

Dan1jel

can some one please help me.. i installd osx and update the kernel to voodoo, but after that my USB ports wont work and when i try to mount a .dmg file i get an KP :(

please some one what shuld i do ?!?

Dan1jel, Jan 28, 2009
  13. diablonet

diablonet

if you are running 10.5.6 with 10.5.5 voodoo kernel, then you need seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 version.... thats what happening to you....

diablonet, Jan 28, 2009
  14. diablonet

Dan1jel

im using Voodoo_Kernel_Release_1.0_Rev_A.dmg and i dont know if its for 10.5.5 or 10.5.6.. but i do have 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext

damn i dont know what to do :(

Dan1jel, Jan 28, 2009
  15. diablonet

SbM

There was a mistake in my install guide, please see the revised version. Sorry about that.

SbM, Jan 28, 2009
  16. diablonet

johnnypanic

Have got to point 23, but how do I run alc 268 fix? Keep getting an error when I try to run it :(

johnnypanic, Jan 30, 2009
  17. diablonet

Extrastarka

Hello!
    I'm a newbie who has managed to install osx on the acer one. But I cant get to the internet wireless. I have a dell 1390. I'm connected with the router, but sometimes it says self assigned ip...., but when I give the airport an ip it is connected but I cant surf the internet

Extrastarka, Jan 31, 2009
  18. diablonet

vince1977

Hey all

Thanks again for this fab guide...OSX on the AAO...I'm in heaven !

Well....almost. For some reason I can't get the internal mic to work (it shows up in my sound pref pane as "Internal Speakers - and yes I am checking the 'Input' tab)...because of that I can't use Skype etc.

Is there a step I might have missed in the install process or a fix any of you guys know of (re-installing some of the kexts maybe) ? :?:

Thanks a mil'

vince1977, Jan 31, 2009
  19. diablonet

diablonet

Did you used the kexts included in this guide?

Did you tried with skype?

diablonet, Jan 31, 2009
  20. diablonet

Sachin

Thanks for your guide diablonet...I have 10.5.5 running now on my aao150...

One quirk I've noticed is that if I double click any vertical scroll bar to drag the bar up and down, when I reach near the ends it speeds up and scrolls to the end by itself! Any ideas anyone? This appears to have happened after I removed ffscroll as I couldn't get on with it...

Sachin, Feb 1, 2009
Ask a Question