iAtkos v5 10.5.5 install guide including 10.5.6 update

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by diablonet, Dec 6, 2008.

1. diablonet

SbM

Why do you /double/-click it?

Did you remove /ALL/ the files FFScroll installed?

SbM, Feb 1, 2009
  2. diablonet

Sachin

Hi SbM

I double click the scroll bar so as to drag and scroll up and down...I am used to two finger scrolling.

As far as I can tell all ffscroll files are gone and I have replaced ApplePS2Controller.kext

Sachin, Feb 1, 2009
  3. diablonet

vince1977

Hey Diablonet, yep I did use those, I actually had to do it several times to get sound to work because at first I placed the whole kext folder in kext helper instead of the files....once I used the files it worked fine. The reason why am asking about the kexts is that I really had to try again several times before it all worked perfectly so if there is a way to solve this without having to go through the whole kext installation process, that would be ideal...

Skype - yes to that too, tried it, it works fine in the sense that the camera works perfectly etc and people can call me BUT...the mic does not work, even after I cranked up the volume to the max etc...

The weirdest thing still is to have the prefpane show "Internal Speakers" as the default device in the sound input tab....shouldn't that read something like "Internal Microphone" or something along those lines ???

Thanks again for your help.

vince1977, Feb 1, 2009
  4. diablonet

SbM

You're perfectly right, I've just noticed the same behavior here. Couldn't tell if it was there /before/ I installed FFScroll, though, or if it appeared /after/ I removed it...

SbM, Feb 2, 2009
  5. diablonet

diablonet

Your audio kexts looks like Rorys kexts, they work that way, try to delete all the audio kexts and installe mine

diablonet, Feb 2, 2009
  6. diablonet

psmietana

Hi,
    I install Leo according to this great guide, but I can't connect to the wifi with my Dell1390 card! I rebooted couple of times but no success :( AirPort icon shows that it is on, but none network were recognized, scanning was totally unsucessfull, wifi LED was on . I noticed next to AirPort icon for another PCI devices with 4 times description: Unknown Vendor/Basic Per./Turn off Card - so I turned them off and I turned off Airport. Since then I can't turn on Airport again!! Inside This Mac - Network - AirPort Card as Type of wireless Card it is mentioned: Third party wireless card. Reboots do not help me. I installed also from apple udate for AirPort.
    How can I turn my card on again? Which script should be edited/corrected? Any other ideas?
    One more thing - I tried also this card under Linux (ubuntu, MANDRIVA) - but I couldn't install proper drivers - could my card be faulty??
    EDIT: I've installed voodoo kernel, Aiport looks to be on - but still no connection! It cannot see any network, and I have couple around! In network diagnostic > network status AirPort dot is green but cannot connect

psmietana, Feb 3, 2009
  7. diablonet

SbM

That's a possibility, yes. You shouldn't need to install anything to use a Dell 1390. This kind of cards are automatically identified as Airport cards by Mac OS X.

SbM, Feb 3, 2009
  8. diablonet

ceng

All of you are awesome. This tutorial worked perfectly for me.

ceng, Feb 4, 2009
  9. diablonet

shanghei

Hi, my Dell wifi card was working great until I got to this step

5.- When you are back on the updated 10.5.6 OSX, download http://www.diablo-air.net/update2.zip
    6.- Replace the /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Keyboard.prefPane file with the one you have backed up.
    7.- Using "kext helper" install AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext from "update2.zip" (System.kext and seatbelt.kext should be installed as well if you have Voodoo 9.5.0 based kernel). You may have kernel panic on this point, reboot and do it again.
    8.- Reboot.

After the reboot it stopped working for me, I see a different wifi logo on the bar on top and it says "airport card is off" and it wont let me turn it on. Please Help!

shanghei, Feb 4, 2009
  10. diablonet

johnnypanic

This was doing my head in :x but it seems the alc268 fix was corrupt, or didn't copy across correctly from my pendrive. Copied everything across and finally got this working :D

Moved on a few steps and have now lost keyboard :oops:

Some learning curve this is turning out to be!

johnnypanic, Feb 7, 2009
  11. diablonet

turbo87

Anyone have problems with IDVD and Front Row? I am getting an error message 70012, when i try to read a DVD using IDVD. Any suggestions? Thanks.

turbo87, Feb 8, 2009
  12. diablonet

SbM

iDVD is to /make/ DVDs, not to read them. To read DVDs, use DVD Player.

SbM, Feb 8, 2009
  13. diablonet

turbo87

SbM, sorry, I meant DVD player. Any suggestions? I have heard that you might need updated AppleSMBios.kext.

turbo87, Feb 8, 2009
  14. diablonet

diablonet

Have some of the aspire one users on mac tried with a SSD drive (not the bundled 8gb) I mean a SATA SSD, big improvements??

diablonet, Feb 13, 2009
  15. diablonet

robo

Apple DVD player will not work, due to OS X detecting the lack of a DVD drive. I don't know why they build in that restriction (pressure from MPAA perhaps?) but since a few versions of OS X ago, it's been tough to get around.

VLC is a good alternative for playing DVDs, but it doesn't integrate into FrontRow unfortunately. I know there are some 3rd party FrontRow replacements out there, but i've never bothered to investigate them myself as I never user FrontRow anyhow.

robo, Feb 14, 2009
  16. diablonet

remorema

well finally had sometime and did it :D

soldered a wd1200bevs and installed xp ยบ osx

its rocksolid running osx with 1,5GB ram.

just a heads up for ppls trying to dualboot xp and osx.

the osx install will damage your ntldr so just make a ghost image of the xp partition before installing osx

after installing osx just restore the xp partition from image and you will have your dual boot working without any problems

remorema, Feb 16, 2009
  17. diablonet

cizko

Thanks to all who contibuted to iatkos and the customizations for the aspire one install! You guys did a great job and my aspire now fits perfectly between my two macbooks and my mac mini desktop. :)

Two things that might be interesting to other users:

1. I had some troubles with keyboard preferences not beeing kept sometimes (e.g. the swapping of alt/option-key and the command-key). Skipping the "FULL PS/2 KEYBOARD"-Patch in my third installation somehow solved this issue.

2. If you don't want to patch around within the keyboard's kext to get a fully working (german?!) keyboard, you might want to check out microsoft's generic keyboard drivers for mac os x. (Microsoft-Keyboard-Mouse-OSX-d235.dmg) Since they are a little tricky to find on their website, I've uploaded them here: http://rapidshare.com/files/199020079/Microsoft-Keyboard-Mouse-OSX-d235.dmg.html.

You only need to install the keyboard drivers to be installed so choose a custom install and disable the mouse drivers. after that you can activate the newly installed keyboard layout from within the Localisations ("Landeseinstellungen")-Preferences Pance and (almost) all your keys will work as expected (or more precisely: according to their printed functions). I think they have drivers for almost any localized keyboards but I'm not sure whether they all are in the above dmg for it has been a while since my last install...

all i finally and personally needed to feel "at home" was a custom body-redo for my aspire. a few friends at youniik.com scanned the aspire and are offering custom printed and precisely cut folias to mod your aspire case with. so i made this: http://rapidshare.com/files/199022729/aspire_2_macbook.jpg.html and had it printed on a folia. the result looks like this:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/199024819/casemod.jpg.html *gg* Got to say: I'm loving it! :)

Cheers, cizko

cizko, Feb 17, 2009
  18. diablonet

vince1977

Hey Diablonet, I actually used yours (the kexts that were in 1 package divided into 3 parts, downloadable from this same thread), just wondering if there is anyone else encountering that kind of issue who could chime in with any ideas on how to solve this ??

Thanks
    EDIT: I re-installed all of the kexts one by one as I just completed the install of 10.5.6. and everything works perfectly now ! Thanks again to all of you guys !

vince1977, Feb 17, 2009
  19. diablonet

shanghei

I dont know if this has been covered or not but when I leave my acer with osx idle for awhile I come back to my screen to find that it had kernel panicked. Is there some way to fix this?

shanghei, Feb 22, 2009
  20. diablonet

SbM

Prevent your machine from going to sleep by setting the appropriate option to "never" in the System Preferences>Energy panel.

SbM, Feb 22, 2009
Ask a Question