iAtkos v5 10.5.5 install guide including 10.5.6 update

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by diablonet, Dec 6, 2008.

1. diablonet

farang

diablo - excellent guide. I couldnt get it running until I found your amazingly simple guide, so thanks for taking the time to do that for everyone.

Everything appears to work except for my sound. When I press FN + Up I get the sound box but it has an X on it. I went to the system prefs and it said there were no sound output hardware.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

Also, I am going to order one of those Dell wifi cards but in the meantime are there any usb wifi adapters that will work with this?

edit: I hooked up my Dell 24 inch lcd and it doesnt seem to recognize it.

farang, Feb 23, 2009
  2. diablonet

doxx

thanks for a great walk-through... finally I got a hold of a busted ipod video for $30 (!) off craigslist, yanked out the drive and put it in the AO1 and installed iAtkos v5 - the voodoo kernel was unreliable, so I went back to vanilla and updated to 10.5.6. with 10.5.6 I don't have click, double click (or tapping) on the trackpad... no trackpad controls in System Preferences either... FF scroll loads, but doesn't work and I'm not too interested in multi-touch... any idea how do I get tapping back?

P.S. for anyone interested - the Runcore 32GB SDD doesn't get recognized by the Acer One BIOS (I just got the 2nd version Runcore SDD with the new/revised connector - the SDD came with a regular and a flip ZIF ribbon)

*edits* clarification

doxx, Feb 24, 2009
  3. diablonet

diablonet

diablonet, Feb 25, 2009
  4. diablonet

shanghei

PERFECT TIMING, I bought new hard drive and reinstalling today and this seems much easier.

shanghei, Feb 25, 2009
  5. diablonet

diablonet

Great news then, yes, they are easier and work fine! Wich one did you get, an SSD? I am waiting for the 256gb SATA II SSD Samsung, wich promises 220mbps read and 200mbps write, for now I want to stay away from other SDD solutions (JMICRON), expensive, smalls,work with hangs(pauses) and huge gap between read and write (about 60-70%), the only reliable right now is the Intel SSD X25 but it is so small and expensive :S...

diablonet, Feb 26, 2009
  6. diablonet

gluefish

WOOHOO I got 10.5.6 running, sound, external monitor and all using iAtkos v5i last night, on my AAO 150! WOOHOO!
    Now the questions.

I've got a 20" monitor hanging off the side VGA port. It looks nice running at about 1400 x 900 or so. BUT
    How do I get OS X to treat it as the primary? Right now the menu bar and the dock are on the little screen.

gluefish, Mar 12, 2009
  7. diablonet

SbM

Try System Preferences > Displays

SbM, Mar 12, 2009
  8. diablonet

senas8

Just wanted to say that the audio fix for acer aspire one D150 does not work. Does anyone else have this model and can confirm working?

senas8, May 12, 2009
  9. diablonet

RussellF

Hi All, This guide is great, got me past issues I had with iDeneb not fitting on my 4GB flash drive, but I have a problem. The diblo kext links aren't working for me. Does anyone know another way that I can get these files please?

Thanks in advance,
    Russ

RussellF, May 20, 2009
  10. diablonet

RussellF

RussellF, May 24, 2009
Ask a Question