ica client 10.6 installation

Discussion in 'Linux' started by chriske911, Jan 7, 2009.

1. chriske911

chriske911

I am trying to install the newest ica client on my aspire one to be able to use the secure gateway at work
    when I install Ubuntu or Mandriva on this otherwise very fine netbook I have a clear and cut procedure that works every time
    and my citrix session starts up without any problems

if I try the same procedure with Linpus I get no connection and no errors

I see that the ica client is connecting to the secure gateway but I do not see a connection coming in into the citrix farm
    the client just fails without any errors

I have followed and read all guidelines that I could find when I google for "acer aspire one linpus ica citrix client"

the procedure I have is:

• 1) install openmotif 2.2.3 (RPM)
      2) install icaclient 10.6 (RPM)
      3) copy all necessary crt files into the keystore folder
      4) make a symlink to npica.so into the plugins folder of firefox

anyone that got ica client working on linpus?

chriske911, Jan 7, 2009
  2. chriske911

velcroman5

I had a similar problem on an EEE 901 (oddly my EEE 700 was OK)

I could seize an already open session on Citrix i.e. If I opened a session on another PC and then tried to open the same application on the netbook, (We limit users to a single instance of each application to prevent double clicks opening the application twice) it would grab my already open session from the farm and work OK.

I just couldn't create a new session on the netbook.

Does this happen for you ?

The solution for me was to downgrade something (I think it was openmotif) to an older version. It now works OK.

That fix has also been successfully applied to two other (Xandros) Linux PCs in our company.

velcroman5, Jan 8, 2009
  3. chriske911

chriske911

I did not try to seize an application started up from another workstation, never occurred to me to try that

the only thing I did find in addition to what I already listed in my OP is the local charmap was set to UTF-8
    got this from http://codtech.com/wiki/index.php/Citrix_ICA_Client_10_on_Fedora_Core_6
    this triggered an error when launching wfcmgr about conversion of fonts
    I reset this to LANG=en_US.iso88591

I did not however edit the fonts section in the wfcmgr config file (yet ;-) like I found on another forum

strange thing is in regards to the used openmotif lib version is that it does work with mandrive 2009, open suse 11.1 and ubuntu 8.10
    I followed the same procedure on all of them and got it working without too many issues

thnx

chriske911, Jan 12, 2009
Ask a Question