ICC Profile for calibrated display

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by lillion, Jan 7, 2009.

1. lillion

lillion

When using the standard display setting, colors are all off, bluish and washed out.
    So I calibrated the thing.

just drop it into
    /Library/Colorsync/Profiles and select it in your Display Settings

It was calibrated with the Spyder 2.2 Software

lillion, Jan 7, 2009
  2. lillion

pablo101

thankyou very much, just tried it out and much better!! :)

I tried calibrating using macs inbuilt program but some sliders weren't visible for some reason, strange.

pablo101, Jan 7, 2009
  3. lillion

gsmblue

Thanks, much nicer on the eyes! Should this be included in the install guides? I have added to my faves.

gsmblue, Jan 9, 2009
  4. lillion

J.A

@ lillion:

Thank you very much for the profile! I just installed it and what a difference!

J.A, Jan 9, 2009
  5. lillion

Desroches

Wow, that makes a big difference! Much bolder. Thanks a lot!

Desroches, Jan 11, 2009
  6. lillion

SbM

You might want to try my own profiles, I like them better. Your mileage may vary, though, but it's always better to have a choice. The first has a lower white temperature, suitable for photographers etc., while the other one uses the native white temperature of the One's display. Enjoy.

SbM, Jan 14, 2009
  7. lillion

hardran3

Thanks for upping these guys! I wrote a guide to using ICC profiles for ubuntu users here.

hardran3, Feb 10, 2009
  8. lillion

ronime

Thanks for this. There are at least two different TFT panels used in the AA1. Do you know which type of panel your calibrations are based on? Both of my AA1s have AUO11C2 panels, the ones that allegedly suffer from flickering at low backlight levels (they don't though).

Presumably these ICC profiles will also work in the Windows XP Color Management System?

ronime, Feb 10, 2009
  9. lillion

SbM

Mine is a 11C2 as well.

SbM, Feb 10, 2009
  10. lillion

Shoesy

The files dont appear to exist anymore? Can anyone upload the to rapidshare or summet for me? (please!)

Shoesy, Feb 10, 2009
  11. lillion

SbM

You can find them in my pack for 10.5.6 install. See my "Mac OS X 10.5.6 for dummies" topic.

SbM, Feb 10, 2009
  12. lillion

ronime

How do you determine the panel ID in Linux? Presumably the ID is extracted from the DDS data sent by the display device? Is there a utility available in Linpus Lite to do this?

I took delivery of two A150s yesterday. One of them is fine but on the other one the backlight flickers terribly at the lower brightness settings. It appears to occur when the hard disk is being accessed. I'm guessing that the voltage regulation is not 100% on this one. I'd like to check the panel ID out of curiosity before I send it back for replacement.

ronime, Feb 11, 2009
  13. lillion

SbM

I really don't know. In Mac OS X you simply open the profile in the Displays prefs and it shows you all the info you need.

I wouldn't send it for replacement if I were you. It's a common problem on the Aspire One and chances are you would get a faulty unit back. Proof of this is that the newer BIOS version simply disable the lower settings to "get rid" of the problem, instead of solving it.

SbM, Feb 11, 2009
  14. lillion

ronime

I'll risk it. I have bought five AA1s in the last 3 months and only one of them has been afflicted by the backlight flicker fault. Statistically, I appear to have a 4 in 5 chance of getting a good 'un. Also, I'm rejecting this particular item because the display bezel and the "lid" on the back of the screen are not assembled properly. There is a curious bulge along the lower left hand edge of the screen/lid assembly.

It's a shame really, because the keyboard bezel and touch pad are very good fit on the lower case moulding for a change and the cooling fan is probably one of the quietest that I have come across.

2 x white A110, Intel 8GB SSD - no flicker
    2 x blue A150, WDC 160GB HD - no flicker
    1 x white A150, Seagate 120GB HD - flicker

In a room with subdued lighting the higher backlight settings are way too bright for comfort. I have never found the need to use the higher backlight settings anyway, even in daylight. The flickering is in sync with hard disk access, which points to a voltage regulation problem.

ronime, Feb 11, 2009
Ask a Question