Icon problems,realy weird

Discussion in 'Linux' started by drfhm, Feb 23, 2009.

1. drfhm

drfhm

Downloaded Skype , Limeire and Vlc , all work well and have icons on the decktop that shows when you right click but only managed to get the Skype icon on the main opening decktop screen , I put skype in the correct position and its functions ok . Limewire and VLC work completely but cant get the icons to main desktop , i get small white rectangles where they should have been placed when i hover over the position with the pointer but wen i click to open the screen goes bluish white with only the aspire seacch bar , that still functions but nothing else does , have to quit and reeboot in the normal way via little red quit buton bottom right. I have acer aspire one netbook with Linux Lite and 120gb and 512mps but replaced firefox 2 with 3 again with no problems, Only had it a few weeks and everything functions as it should but im totaly new to linux.The icons are in the respective files and were downloaded with the programs as was skype , everythings the same so why have i got Skype icon where i want it and not the other 2 .

drfhm, Feb 23, 2009
Ask a Question