icon problems

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Wim J, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Wim J

Wim J

I'm having trouble with invisble icons in the FUN menu. I was trying to install VLC. But I got into trouble. So i decided to uninstall VLC again. Now I'm left with two invisble icons. Yes Before this I had 2 VLC icons in that place. When I click on the invisible icon i get a grey background screen (without the 4 menus) I can only do a reboot to get out of this screen.
    I read about editing the group-app.xml file, an tried that, but i lost all my additional icons in the other menu's as well.
    Als i can not find the specific group-app.xml with the file manager program. Filezilla, can find it but won't open it (how to set the file associations in file zilla.)
    I'll post another topic concerning my VLC-installation? but want to get rid of the two icons first

<WJ

Wim J, Dec 19, 2008
  2. Wim J

markh

Hmm, not sure what you've done there. However, the reliable way to edit the desktop menu is to type sudo mousepad /home/user/.config/xfce4/desktop/group-app.xml in a terminal. Entries in each section are numbered 0 upwards, so that should help you find and delete the ghost entries.

For vlc: http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/11/inst ... linux.html

markh, Dec 19, 2008
Ask a Question