iDeneb 10.5.4: success!!!

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by captive, Sep 30, 2008.

1. captive

captive

Please follow this quide for general informations:

http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1505&st=0&sk=t&sd=a#p10113

The installation is quite straightforward as the one described over here, you'll have same things working/not working.
    Please note I'm using a DW1390 as wireless card.
    But there is some more hacking to do to have it working. Here there are the main problems I run into:

Stuck on "Welcome screen"
    After the install itself, your new Os will ask you some infos: State/language AND if you want to transfer personal settings from another mac. You'll probably choose "Do not transfer my information now". If the welcome screen (where you have to choose your contry) reappears after the initial setup, no matter what you do, please do the following:
    • Reboot[/*:m:2zgtikh9]
    • Press F8 on loading Darwin screen. Enter the following parameter to boot in single user mode.
      Code:
      -s
      [/*:m:2zgtikh9]
    • As the system boots in text mode, enter this at the root prompt:
      Code:
      /sbin/fsck -fy
    • After some hd work, you'll probably get the message "File system was modified."[/*:m:2zgtikh9]
    • Let's mount the filesystem:
      Code:
      /sbin/mount -uw /
    • Now we will choose a root password. Please pay attention to this step, this is the ONLY pwd we'll have to use to login on next reboot
      Code:
      passwd root
      type your password twice, as required.[/*:m:2zgtikh9]
    • Now type:
      Code:
      touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone 
      Please note there's a dot just before AppleSetupDone. Remember that lower case IS DIFFERENT than upper case.[/*:m:2zgtikh9]
    • Reboot.[/*:m:2zgtikh9]
    • Login as root with your new password. Feel free to create a new user with a different login and password, strongly recommended![/*:m:2zgtikh9]
    [source: InsanelyMac: http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t78271.html]

Still no wireless!
    This one was driving me crazy!!! Even if I had a "supported" card on my AAO, I got no wireless. And that's why you'll get the loop on welcome screen (your "mac" needs to network enabled to complete the setup). Here's how I managed to bring up my wifi.
    Follow the steps explained in section "C - FURTHER TWEAKING" of SbM guide (the link on top of this topic): install the required Paul's kexts, and reboot when required.
    Then download these files:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/149604083/WirelessNetworking.7z.html
    In this archive you'll find 2 kext: IOPCIFamily.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext.
    Install the first one and reboot. Install the second one and reboot.
    I used disk utility too, to repair permissions after each kext installation, just to stay safe.
    Now your dw1390 should be up and running! Time to go in network control panel, and configure it.. :D :D :D
    If something doesn't still work, please install the kexts once again, this is how I did.

Misc Issues.
    There are still some issues:
    • Ethernet not working.
      As in SbM guide, Realtek driver seems to be problematic. You may try to install it, I didn't.[/*:m:2zgtikh9]
    • Resume problems
      If the AAO goes in sleep mode due to inactivity, there's no way to wake it up. Keyboard does nothing, touchpad does nothing, power led is green and power button does nothing but powering off the AAO. Trying to figure out why..[/*:m:2zgtikh9]
    • Strange USB behavior.
      If some usb device is connected before booting it will be detected and will work. Even plug & unplug will work.
      If you try to plug a device for the first time once the system is up, it won't be detected.
      Working on it.
      Edit: tell captive to use the search function, before posting.. :lol:
      Here there's an entire topic on usb drive not mounting!!! I'll try it later..[/*:m:2zgtikh9]

captive, Sep 30, 2008
  2. captive

dfiore

usb is mismatched kernel ver and system.kext

dfiore, Sep 30, 2008
  3. captive

padawana

Hi Everyone...

Can someone tell me which packages he took? I've tried some versions and each time I've a netbook which is rebooting in loop :-(

padawana, Oct 9, 2008
Ask a Question