iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 Install guide

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by diablonet, Feb 25, 2009.

1. diablonet

cinobi

i think so

cinobi, Sep 4, 2009
  2. diablonet

aceRkev

Hello,

Is there anyway you can get ideneb to boot from USB stick?

Thank you...

aceRkev, Sep 7, 2009
  3. diablonet

aceRkev

For the above enquiry, would OSXtools help make ideneb on a USB stick, bootable?

And as I am *still* waiting for the 1490 wireless card, if I install ideneb with the stock card, and install this new one later, would it still work - with reinstalling drivers? or would I have to reinstall the whole OS again?

Not sure how hacked distro's work...

thank you...

EDIT - found out how to do this -

Thanks to this site - http://myhpmini.com/forum/how-to-create ... -t832.html

Clone the iDeneb iso onto the flash drive (formatted to Mac OSX journaled) with disk utility on your mac.
    Download Universal OSx86 installer (you can find it on google, there might be a link on the forum also)
    Run it on your mac
    Choose your flash drive in the drop down menu
    Check the box that says "install PC-EFI 9 Chameleon bootloader"
    After thats done, plug the flash drive into your mini (make sure you have the F.05 BIOS) and choose your flash drive via F9 at boot prompt

aceRkev, Sep 8, 2009
  4. diablonet

cmn_ky

I have a few questions. I am thinking about installing this in a dual boot evironment with Windows Vista Home Basic (came with the Acer).

I have the 11.6" screen and it is model A0751h-1279. As I said earlier, it came with Vista and I'm wondering the following:

Has anyone tried to install this on this model of Acer? If so, what happened?

I have gone into Windows and split my drive into 2 partitions, the C partition is 160GB and the E is 63GB. Should I combine these into 1 partition and let iDeneb seperate them or leave it as it is?

I have tried installing iATKOS v2.0, but it locks up on the boot screen.

Anyway, if anyone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it. It seems that everyone has an AOA 150 and have had minimal issues with the installation.

Thanks for the help and look forward to responses.

cmn_ky, Sep 12, 2009
  5. diablonet

aceRkev

I am not sure how you would go about a dual boot with Windows, I wanted Ubuntu on my triple boot (OSX, win7 and Ubuntu) and luckily Ubuntu's grub bootloader is easily configurable to allow other os's to boot...

Also not sure if it would work on that model. Isn't that the new one? if so, give it a go and post your results! just make sure everything is backed up, first.

I would keep the partitions as they are - but I had to make a bootable USB stick with gparted on because windows wouldn't install on anything other than NTFS.BUt then again I did install OSX first, then win7, then Ubuntu. You might not have this problem.

I used iDeneb 1.4 from this guide, worked fine except for software updates. had to reinstall the system again, then follow notes to upgrade from 10.5.x to 10.5.8. still not brave enough to try updates again, but now I've done that DSDT patch I think it will be OK... will let you know as soon as I have another free day to tinker if it does all do wrong!

GOOD LUCK!

aceRkev, Sep 14, 2009
  6. diablonet

xtr.eme

Dual boot with windows you can either use easyBCD which is basically an addon to the windows bootloader, or darwin, the OS X bootloader which will support multibooting Windows/OSX by default. I personally choose Chameleon which installs through OSX, because it looks good and is the most customisable. If you want to use darwin or chameleon you should install Windows then OSX or you may have trouble getting back into your OSX install!

xtr.eme

xtr.eme, Sep 14, 2009
  7. diablonet

Greg1982

I've tried searching but have sifted through so many non-relevant matching posts thought I'd ask the question directly.

I've got this running on an A150 alongside XP with no problems at all (160gb hard drive). I said thanks months back so am not a total beginner.

Is it possible to just get 10.5.6 installed on an A110 (with 8gb SSD & 512mb ram) ? don't want to run it alongside XP or Linux or anything just OSX on it's own. Don't mind using a SD card for storage if space is a bit tight on the SSD etc.

Many thanks for any help.

Greg1982, Sep 16, 2009
  8. diablonet

Greg1982

Managed to get it working fine, is very tight for space, a clean install only leaves about 640mb spare, are there any non-essential applications etc I can remove to free up space. Only plan on using it for iPhone SDK and some .avi playback.

Thanks.

Greg1982, Sep 17, 2009
  9. diablonet

rsa

Noobie needing help!

I've got a AOA150-1447 and have been attempting to install iDeneb on it. It had XP and Unbuntu with the Grub bootloader on it. It was dual booting just fine. Using gpart on the Unbuntu Live CD I split the Unbuntu partition. Within iDeneb I formated and installed iDeneb on the new partition. The installation completed and it rebooted but no bootloader was there. So I repaired Grub and was back to square one. I decided to scrafice the Unbuntu partition next. Thinking that maybe the first extended partition would be OK for iDeneb. I reformatted it and installed iDeneb a second time. The installation completed and it rebooted but no bootloader a second time.

Am I going to have to completely start over, delete all partitions and install iDeneb first and then XP. Unbuntu is optional at this point. I just want to get a working copy of iDeneb and XP on this machine. Is that possible?

Unfortunately I'm a real noobie with anything to do with OSX, which is why I'm trying to load it in the first place, to try and learn.

So I come hat in hand for any help I can get to understanding all this.

Thanks,

Roy

rsa, Oct 7, 2009
  10. diablonet

rsa

Considering the lack of suggestions, I went and ghosted the machine and installed ideneb over top of the Windows XP partition and got the bootloader to finally work. I'll worry about re-installing XP or 7 later. For now I'm down to step#22 and there's no "/Library/StartupItems" folder to copy the folder ShutdownSound into. Any suggestions on what I assume that I've done wrong? Am I suppose to create the "/Library/StartupItems" folder?

Were all the steps from #21 on through #24 optional or only #21?

Also, everytime I reboot am I suppose to use the -x flag until I've finish all the steps or only in step #15

I guess in the mean time I'll disassemble my AOA and install the new wireless card.

edit: Well an hour or so later and I've successfully installed the DW1390 wireless card and my iDeneb configuration sees it and I've successfully gotten wireless running to a secured router. Still no idea on what to do with steps 21 through 24. :roll:

rsa, Oct 8, 2009
  11. diablonet

rsa

Continued success and failure. The success was my ability to connect an external display, keyboard and mouse through a KV switch and get it to work.

The failure was trying to apply a OSX update. After doing that the AOA just continually rebooted, never completing a complete boot. I had to re-install OSX and the applications I had installed. :roll:

rsa, Oct 14, 2009
  12. diablonet

jayr

I have a AAO d250. Everything is great besides no wifi, webcam and the fact that there is no sound from the headphone jack. Any suggestions or did I miss a package to install? I used iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 install...

jayr, Oct 15, 2009
  13. diablonet

rsa

I'm not an expert on the subject but I'd have to say that your D250 is a newer model with hardware differences then the 9" model and as a result you'd have potential problems with the original configuration distro that was presented in this thread. After I installed the dw1390 wireless card replacing my original I was able to get WiFi working, my earphone jack does work and my webcam does work as well. My built-in mic does not work.

rsa, Oct 15, 2009
  14. diablonet

Dark2tar

HeLLo,

I'm Sorry but ideneb 1.4 10.5.6 wouldn't boot at my Acer Aspire One A751h. It stops after some different Points.
    Now the point is:
    Nov 4 14:31:47 localhost kextd[47]: can't add repository (not a directory)
    Resetting IOCatalogue
    Nov 4 14:29:45 localhost kextd: root filesystem is read-only; skipping kernel link data generation
    Nov 4 14:30:34 localhost DirectoryService[53]: Launched version 5.4 (v514.21=
    CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page: p=41[configd] clearing CS_VALID
    Nov 4 14:31:47 localhost diskarbitrationd[44]: CoreRAIDServer [43]:17923 not responding.
    Nov 4 14:31:54 localhost diskarbitrationd[44]: unable to mount /dev/disk0s2 (status code 0x00000047). [THIS is my Acer Win XP Partition]
    Nov 4 14:31:47 localhost diskarbitrationd[44]: unable to mount /dev/disk0s5 (status code 0x00000047). [This is my "Backup, Programm Partition]

After few Minutes or Seconds the USB-CDROM Stop loading. A while later it loads some but don't write any on the screen, a press on enter then loads and and and... Then Stop it and the same Game again.

I need please your help!
    It were the best present for my Birthday...! (Sorry for my bad english)

Greetz,
    Dark2tar

Dark2tar, Nov 4, 2009
  15. diablonet

desoporp

desoporp, Nov 26, 2009
  16. diablonet

lethalillness

Installed fine, how ever I can't do the first boot with -x, it hangs on a grey screen after the apple logo goes away. Mouse randomly appears. Any ideas? Please help.

lethalillness, Jan 21, 2010
  17. diablonet

yohko101

if you can boot using '-s' then it prolly means your installation was ok. maybe its the video kext thats the problem :D

yohko101, Jan 22, 2010
  18. diablonet

lethalillness

Well, I got everything installed but now I have a new problem. I can't type shit for the whole creating account because my keyboard is repeating 7's .. anyone else have this or know how to fix it?

lethalillness, Jan 25, 2010
  19. diablonet

dadidiesel

Can't get past the start up screen. I booted ideneb from a disk. it installed succesfully but when i boot from the hdd, it brings up a screen asking if i have an older mac. When i choose the skip option, it takes me back to the first screen as in language and keyboard selection. Any ideas? Btw, i did boot with the -x and without. no success.

dadidiesel, Jan 30, 2010
  20. diablonet

Guest Guest

Has ANYONE gotten Line-Input to work!

This is the only thing I'm missing..

Please help.

Guest, Feb 16, 2010
Ask a Question