iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 Install guide

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by diablonet, Feb 25, 2009.

1. diablonet

shanghei

Everytime I shut down it does a kernel panic, any way to fix this?

shanghei, Mar 3, 2009
  2. diablonet

theindiefort

hey there! thanks alot! works like magic! but the only problem is that it takes about 5 minutes to boot up every time! how can i fix this?

theindiefort, Mar 4, 2009
  3. diablonet

theindiefort

how do i get the sd card slots to work??

theindiefort, Mar 5, 2009
  4. diablonet

agreen

In addition to the sleep and wireless issues I'm finding ethernet doesn't work unless the cable is connected at boot and controls for the internal microphone aren't available in the control panel. So far I've been unbale to get the internal microphone to work.

agreen, Mar 5, 2009
  5. diablonet

magnatree

@shanghei, just repair permissions. should do the trick :)

magnatree, Mar 5, 2009
  6. diablonet

agreen

Which of the apple updates are safe to install with iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 ?

agreen, Mar 6, 2009
  7. diablonet

diablonet

All up to date....

diablonet, Mar 6, 2009
  8. diablonet

agreen

Do you mean all updates ?
    Because the version I downloaded certainly isn't up-to-date. Software Updates shows are updates for Safari, Quicktime, Java, Airport updates and Security Update 2009-001

Tony

agreen, Mar 6, 2009
  9. diablonet

taogeht

I believe he means that you can safely update everything that requires it. I did it all about 10 minutes ago.

taogeht, Mar 6, 2009
  10. diablonet

diablonet

Yes, I mean all the updates avaible up to date, that means java patches, safari, security updates, all means all... :lol:

diablonet, Mar 6, 2009
  11. diablonet

donatienzo

First of all, I have to say that these instructions worked great. I initially setup my AAO 150 system with 10.5.6 alone , installed a DW1390 and was good to go.

I kind of have a n00b problem but for the life of me can't solve it so any help would be appreciated.

I somehow decided to go with a dual boot system BUT decided to start from scratch. I re-partitioned the drive and installed XP on a FAT-32 formatted drive. I then went ahead with the iDENEB 1.4 setup on a second partition (Mac Formatted, Journaled). I also used Fdisk commands in Terminal to set this partition active. I checked and it is indeed active

Whenever, I then proceed with the iDENEB install now I only can get to the end of the initial installation with restart (STEP 14). Now when the system reboots, I get the following and the process then STOPS:

boot0: MBR
    boot0: done

It just stops there and I can no longer get to the Darwin Boot screen to press "x" and continue with the Mac Setup. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Honestly, when doing a dual boot with iDENEb 1.4 would it have been easier to install 10.5.6 first then XP??

I know this may have been covered elsewhere but there are but so many threads one can search through for an answer.

Thanks for your time and help.

Anyway, muchas gracias Diablonet for a great iDENEB install procedure (muy facil!)

donatienzo, Mar 7, 2009
  12. diablonet

diablonet

Hello, no hay de que donatienzo, mexicano?

About your dual boot try to follow some guide about it, I remember I did same as you but used NTFS but i think it makes no difference, I am trying to remember what I did to make that work and didnt followed any guide, I am not sure but try this

erase all your partitions, and make one (on the windows installer) with maybe 50% of the disk total, is up to you, and leave the empty space, install XP as normal, then boot iDeneb installer and over the Disk Utility use the empty space for a Journal partition and use MBR, after installation you will see the darwin menu, moving the cursor keys you may switch between windows and your brand new hackintosh, good luck!

diablonet, Mar 7, 2009
  13. diablonet

donatienzo

Gracias Diablonet! (Soy puertorriqueño pero mi esposa es mexicana (de La Paz)).
    Thanks for your help. I am going to try this now.
    Espero que todo salga bien!

donatienzo, Mar 7, 2009
  14. diablonet

donatienzo

Thanks Diablonet. This worked great!!! I have a small problem now with my DW 1390 (broadcom) wifi card. It is recognized by OSX but every time I try to configure the card for my wifi network it freezes up. Do you know of any known issues with this card and iDENEB 1.4???

donatienzo, Mar 8, 2009
  15. diablonet

diablonet

Well, I am using a DW1390 and iDeneb 1.4, same install guide, no troubles so far, if it helps I am using 3309 bios, but I dont think this is the problem, I dont know what to recommend you... but It works perfectly in here....

diablonet, Mar 8, 2009
  16. diablonet

diablonet

Try booting with the "-x" flag, without quotes, it will take you to safe mode, try to set up your wireless settings that way, then restart in normal mode and see what happends, good luck

diablonet, Mar 8, 2009
  17. diablonet

Matt.M

Simply perfect!

Ive been lurking here and at insanelymac, just waiting for a how-to that was straight forward and simple. Installing OS X on my AAO was a breeze with this tutorial. I cant thank you enough for taking the time to make this process as painless as possible.

I didnt swap out the wireless card....yet. I think Ill wait to see if theres a 100% fix for the stock card. Other than that everything is working as detailed. Who would have known that my dream of owning another Macbook was only 300$ away...

Matt.M, Mar 8, 2009
  18. diablonet

donatienzo

I actually think the card is defective. Also freezes up in XP now....and OSX....Using 3309 Bios as well. Will use USB dongle for now and exchange the card.

donatienzo, Mar 8, 2009
  19. diablonet

victorgolf

hi i did everything on the guide and the system boots but my keyboard and mouse are missing also the sound card is not working any help will be appriciated

victorgolf, Mar 9, 2009
  20. diablonet

toellby

I tried to install, but did not work

I have already iAtkos installed, but it's 1o.5.4 and I'd like to have 1o.5.6...

So, I took the iso, burn it with Nero on a WinVista PC in two several speeds, 2x and 16x, took the DVD to my external USB, pressed F12, choose the USB Drive, and:

Pressed any key for installing from CD, but nothing happened...

Whats wrong?

EDIT: Trying several times, now an error occured:

EBIOS read error: Device timeout
    Block 7015268: Sectors 64

???

toellby, Mar 11, 2009
Ask a Question