iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 Install guide

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by diablonet, Feb 25, 2009.

1. diablonet

victorgolf

after three tries i finally have ideneb running like it should but on this guide i find another way to resolve several issues that i had and after trial and error with no knowledge of sudo or whatever i did it with sound keyboard and video all working like they should
    after you have the disk partitioned and hit continue the guide tells you to select only aspire one pack and ideneb essential system but you can select on the fixes the appleps2keyborad fix, on video intel gma950/945 fix and on sound alc268 fix and after you restart with -x you wont have any problem with the keyboard just set your password and run dontgotosleep from the package then set to never on the power energy saver config. forget about the part about the keyboard fix since you already applied it on the installation , copy the folder shutdown sounds where it goes run the osx86tool and enable
    the quartz gl it something comes up you hit fix and then go directly to enjoy

i am getting a usb wireless adapter for my AA1

victorgolf, Mar 11, 2009
  2. diablonet

DutchAcerOne

I'm having the same problem of having no ethernet if I forget to connect it before boot, not very handy!

Does someone know a solution?

DutchAcerOne, Mar 12, 2009
  3. diablonet

diablonet

Victorgolf, about the video driver I never tried and it may work as you said,but about the PS2 fix, I didnt meant about make the PS2 keyboard to work, it said, OPTIONAL ISO KEYBOARD, I dont know in other languages, but mine, -spanish-, the "<" and ">" keys dont work without the patch I described, so, maybe you got confused with the PS2 solution I posted,

About the ethernet who just work when connected on boot
    delete the following file:
    /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext

After that, download the mac driver and install it
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dow ... TL8102E-GR

and thats it!

diablonet, Mar 12, 2009
  4. diablonet

victorgolf

hi diablonet don't get mad at me i am just trying to help too i know it was optional but in my case the keyboard only worked on the installation part when the system was good to go i had to connect another keyboard and mouse to use the notebook
    my native language is Spanish too so i know what you mean

victorgolf, Mar 14, 2009
  5. diablonet

diablonet

victorgolf, of course I am not mad at you, sorry if I looked like, where are you from ? (for being using a spanish keyboard)

diablonet, Mar 14, 2009
  6. diablonet

monty76

I have just downloaded iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 on my A150. I am receiving a kernal panic error when attempting to boot -x. At first it appears to be loading safemode, but it just hangs there the spinning wheel spins and goes away then after several minutes, it generates the kernel panic error. Any suggestions?

I did erase the drive prior to installing and I followed the steps on the guide exactly.

monty76, Mar 14, 2009
  7. diablonet

toellby

Ok, Guys... great work. Now it works for me... thanx a lot

toellby, Mar 15, 2009
  8. diablonet

DutchAcerOne

Works great! Thanks you very much for this tip.

DutchAcerOne, Mar 15, 2009
  9. diablonet

DutchAcerOne

After an successful installation I have now I very good running OSX 10.5.6.
    I swapped the wifi-card for a Dell DW1390 so even wire-less is no problem.

However using Office 2004 is a drama, especially Excel is hardly useable. Many screen artefacts, clicking is often not "seen" by Excel, very slow.

Does more people have this problem, or is there a solution?

DutchAcerOne, Mar 15, 2009
  10. diablonet

sch911

Office 2008 works fine on my AAO....

sch911, Mar 15, 2009
  11. diablonet

jakerrulz

fine meaning "jus like on a real mac"?
    because on mine, its really slow to start up (but thats a givin) and when i move the mouse around, it will lag and if i move the mouse off the window, it makes a copy of the mouse on the edge of the word window... really annoying

jakerrulz, Mar 15, 2009
  12. diablonet

victorgolf

hi i am from Dominican Republic and i always use my keyboard and system in english
    i guess you're from Mexico diablonet

victorgolf, Mar 15, 2009
  13. diablonet

donatienzo

Just a follow-up. I purchased another DW1390 card (Version 01 not Version 00), put it in and have had no problems ever since. This is the best distro period.

donatienzo, Mar 19, 2009
  14. diablonet

raygeeknyc

WRT Energy saver System Prefs
    I have been running successfully with the screen turning off and the "put hard disks to sleep" options on both battery and AC and it's been extending my battery life significantly

raygeeknyc, Mar 21, 2009
  15. diablonet

macachia

I have everything working except one thing, audio through speakers. I can't seem to get audio through speakers, but audio works from headphones. Any thoughts please? It's killing me. Thanks

macachia, Mar 24, 2009
  16. diablonet

nickmind

Hi all,

I am new to the forum, and a new owner of an Aspire One. I was thinking of installing Mac OSX on it. Sorry if this is a noob question, but in order to get wireless to work on mac os, i have to replace the factory card with a Dell DW1390 or 1490? If so, should I or should I wait to see if osx will support the factory card soon? What would you do? And one last question, (i already asked in a different thread) but has anyone got ideneb distro onto a bootable USB Flash Drive (UFD) for installation, as I don't have a external DVD drive right now.

Sorry if these questions are noobish.

Nick

nickmind, Mar 27, 2009
  17. diablonet

esajw

Hello

I have been having problems with display mirroring - I plug in the vga cable and get a lot of random vertical lines (on both screens), have tried with a couple of monitors and a couple of projectors with the same result.

I once managed to get an image but was soon lost as I switched to mirroring, and could not return to extended desktop only (mad lines all over the place!)

I am working from the previous diablonet guide install and not iDeneb. Am I going to have to re-install? Everything else works great.

Many thanks
    Jon

esajw, Mar 27, 2009
  18. diablonet

jakerrulz

search for "gma950" for the solution, one should talk about getting the correct vga kext, it should be a download labeled "gma950.zip".

good thing there is a search function otherwise we will have people asking questions that have already been asked =]

jakerrulz, Mar 27, 2009
  19. diablonet

Racer38

Well my Install went fine, too bad apple doesnt support the wifi card, I wont be using this OS I just installed it as a challenge hehehe. Maybe when it works with all the different hardware out there I'll install it again. I did make a Ghost image of my install so I can play with it every now and again ..

Hats off on the iDeneb set up worked great and was easy to install !!

Racer38, Mar 28, 2009
  20. diablonet

nickmind

The nerd in me is compiled to reply to this post. So sorry, but Apple is not a software company, but more of a systems company. Apple would like to sell only hardware and software as a bundle. That's why Mac OS X does not have great hardware support. It purely does not need it, hardware support that is. Remember it was not up until recently OS X started supporting x86 (Intel, the true processor) processors. Fact is, all Mac OSX versions we are using to install on these x86 platforms are hacked versions (or modified versions, if you don't like the word hacked.) of the OS Apple builds and releases.

And this post is coming from a pure bread windows guy from birth. Microsoft is a SOFTware company. Only software, ok ok, Xbox, hehe that is still a PC, but consoleish. Microsoft builds (or should I say trys to build) Windows to support a great range of hardware, since Microsoft does not sell hardware. Were as Apple only builds their OS to support only the hardware that they are selling.

Now we are hacking it, starting to add hardware support (to the installation that is), and started using the word distro (which I think is funny as hell), turning the Mac OS into a linux OS. Some nerds will smell about this.

Nick

nickmind, Mar 29, 2009
Ask a Question