iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 Install guide

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by diablonet, Feb 25, 2009.

1. diablonet

shizno

this guide is absolutetly awesome!! worked on the first try... i did change my wifi card for a broadcom, its flawless!!

but....

fan control.

does anybody have been able to have a "silent fan" osx install? the fan is constantly going, it never stops, is there a a1ctl (a windows app) ported to OSX that would work?

i did the following:
    -Installed the voodoo powerkexts
    -Using voodoo kernel

then I tried the following fan control programs:
    Fan Control 1.1 & 1.2 = no
    SMCfanControl 2.2 = no
    CoolbookSE = no

anybody has had any success with a "silent fan" program-kext combination?

shizno, Apr 13, 2009
  2. diablonet

franzfume

wow that guide is REALLY easy!!!
    in 30 minutes I have installed mac osx in my Acer Aspire 150!
    That time I wiped ALL other partition .... yes even the recovery one... ;-(
    Just 4 question...

1- Where I can find image of OS restore for my Acer Aspire One a150?

2- the fan go all way up all time, I think just because processor go all time at full speed.
    How I can "slowdown" the processor? I think that can help also the short battery life..

3- When I pull of the power plug, the Acer dont switch to battery management automatically but when i put the plug in the machine can switch automatically to power management..is a correct behaviour?

4- I dont know *which* release of kernel I have now...how to know the version I have loaded? how to chnage to another just for testing purpose? what difference between various release?

At last apart from shorter battery life and processor all way up (maybe one single problem) that release is fast to load, stable and reliable!

thanks to all.

franzfume, Apr 13, 2009
  3. diablonet

esajw

Ta for that... tried to search for the problem several times but couldn't see the wood for the trees :?

esajw, Apr 13, 2009
  4. diablonet

shizno

1- you need to look for it on ***c e r t a i n s i t e s *** ;) ;) ;) , the same sites you probably downloaded iDeneb, or... find a good samaritan that will make a iso for you and uploaded somewhere where you can download it. The XP key that is used on the AA1 recovery partition is a generic OEM acer key , if you use SIW you will see that IT IS NOT the same as the one on the sticker on the bottom, thus, tecnically it is legal for you to use 'somebody' else's key

2- we are on the same boat, if you install voodoo kernel, it will switch cpu speeds, problem is the fan stays running constantly, in windows there is "a1ctl" and "aa 1 fan control" programs where you can set the temperatures at which the fan will run, thus making "silent" (for the most part).
    what i think is BIOS tells the fan to run constantly, aa1ctl and aa1fancontrol override it, in OSX we have no such thing

3-you need to install the voodoo power & battery kexts (kexts are the OSX equivalent of drivers .inf in windows)

4- if you install osx86 tools thing, there is a part where you can change the kernel, and it will tell you what kernel you ohaveinstalled

shizno, Apr 14, 2009
  5. diablonet

franzfume

for the 4 point is not so clever the way of doing that....but I'll try (making a backup before, just in case..)
    ;-)
    So, even if I use the "speedstep" kernel, the fan is on all time, ok (for now...)

But at least the battery can last a little longer I think, just because processor can slowdown. no?
    So question is...why that kernel is not the default one?
    I can safely load reinstalling it fron Ideneb DVD?

Thanks

franzfume, Apr 14, 2009
  6. diablonet

Aspiration

Tried to get the ideneb install from the website but its all in spanish! Wahhhh! Can't download it.

Also, what size is the minimum OSX install on the AAO 110-1302? Its probably too big for my 8gb ssd and 16gb SDHC card. Will the installation bridge from one to the other so it can be installed?

Is there a way to make OSX boot off a large usb flashdrive or usb hard drive?

Aspiration, Apr 15, 2009
  7. diablonet

franzfume

in general, installing IDENEB that way i have undestood mean using the "plain vanilla kernel"
    as a general statement is that the best kernel to use?
    Or maybe is better to load the OTHER speedstep or vodoo?

franzfume, Apr 15, 2009
  8. diablonet

yohko101

i personally use the patched voodoo 9.5 kernel

yohko101, Apr 16, 2009
  9. diablonet

franzfume

Ok patched using...?
    what u mean?

franzfume, Apr 16, 2009
  10. diablonet

gatorbait3

Great guide! Got OS X on my Acer Aspire One (a blue one, 1GB RAM, 8.9" screen, 8GB SSD, 8GB SDHC card - now named "Acertosh") on the first try! Just bought and installed a DW1490 wifi card and now wireless works great (including WPA2 support).

I had problems with the 8GB SDHC card/reader working, but installed the kext driver using OSX86Tools and the SDHC card works fine now.

OS X ends up taking around 7GB ... I deleted some of the utilities I'll never use on it (like Photo Booth, etc.) and have 1.44GB free.

The webcam & mic work fine (although the mic level is low), and the VGA video out works fine too - drives my 24" monitor at 1920 X 1200.

I just ordered a 20GB 1.8" ZIF drive on eBay .. so will be upgrading the 8GB SSD to a 20GB HD, and also replacing the 512MB RAM module with a 1 GB one.

Again .. thanks for a well-documented guide.

gatorbait3, Apr 18, 2009
  11. diablonet

franzfume

Just one thing is missing from that very nice and complete guide
    how to do the install, preserving the XP partition..
    I have now just osx but I like also to mantain the recovery and a small XP partition--

franzfume, Apr 18, 2009
  12. diablonet

galip91

Ok i installed the keyboard fix but now i've lost my keyboard :shock: I can't type at all.
    If i want to reinstall it I need to type in Terminal, wich I can't...
    Also if I want to restore the original .kext I need to authorisize with my password, wicht offcourse can't be typed...

Please someone help me :cry:

edit: ok i booted in safe mode (-x) now I can use my keyboard.
    now, how can I restore the original appleps2controller.kext. I had overwritten the original one.
    As I can use my keyboard in safe mode, the .kext must be somewhere on the harddisk, right?

edit2: ok problem solved! seems i used chown in stead of chmod :oops:. In safe mode I repeated the instructions and everything is fine now :)

galip91, Apr 20, 2009
  13. diablonet

MasterJediAdam

Is it possible for someone to list the kexts that govern the power supply and audio? I got the boot to work beautifully and it worked fine. I was messing with something and screwed something up. Is there an easy way to fix without re-installing?

**edit** also, does anyone know a way for the About this Mac section to actually show the chipset's name?

MasterJediAdam, Apr 22, 2009
  14. diablonet

esajw

esajw, Apr 25, 2009
  15. diablonet

shizno

its a no-go dude, i created a thread to address this, im also interested on finding a way to tame the fan

shizno, Apr 25, 2009
  16. diablonet

MasterJediAdam

So I found the answer the altering the About This Mac section to show the processor's name using OSx86 tools. But the other issues remain unresolved ... any takers on the battery issue?

MasterJediAdam, Apr 26, 2009
  17. diablonet

handsomejackuk

Hi,

working a treat, burned cd using imgburn installed as per instructions. Webcam, audio,(internal/ external), lan, vga card all working, and clone mode (Mirror) mode. boots in 1:30 to operating system

...Wireless not working, but I know how to solve that..

Did have issues first of all with audio, but think that was due to the -x startup thingy and the fact that it was in safe mode.

booting now without the -x switch....

Can anyone tell me, If the -x switch is to enable boot into safe mode, i assume it is ?

Did install Chameleon last night, and now get a chameleon boot screen, but not sure how to use it yet.....

Any pointers, to multiple o/s'es using chameleon would ideally like to load windows XP as well.....

Thanks For your Great Guide...

Jakky

handsomejackuk, Apr 30, 2009
  18. diablonet

yohko101

From what ive seen, you'd install all your OS's first, then install chameleon2 (rc1)

yohko101, Apr 30, 2009
  19. diablonet

MasterJediAdam

Battery issue fixed, sound as well. Will post more info later.

MasterJediAdam, May 1, 2009
  20. diablonet

MasterJediAdam

I have Vista Home and OSX installed. Will try to post in the next week or so the install procedure.

BTW, iDeneb is a great boot. The Tutorial works very well.

MasterJediAdam, May 1, 2009
Ask a Question