iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 Install guide

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by diablonet, Feb 25, 2009.

1. diablonet

MasterJediAdam

Turn off the laptop and then plug in the ethernet. Now turn it back on and boot OSX. Does it recognize it now? If not, then you need to get the right kexts installed.

MasterJediAdam, May 1, 2009
  2. diablonet

nismoz33

Sorry for such a newb question. I have been searching the forums but can't seem to find an answer that fits exactly right. Hopefully you can help me or point me in the right direction.

I have an AA1 w/ 160GB drive. I want to triple boot Windows 7, this copy of OSX, & some flavor of Linux. I'm not very familiar with Linux so not sure on the flavor yet.

I currently have my drive partitioned into 4 partitions. I did this during the Windows 7 install. I have the following partitions, 20GB, 20GB, 20GB, 90GB.

My thoughts were, first 20GB = WIndows 7, second 20GB = Linux, third 20GB = OSX, & 90GB = Data Store accessible by all Operating Systems.

I already have Windows 7 loaded & working. I just replaced my wifi card with a DW1390 when I upgraded to 1.5GB of memory. What order do I need to install the OS in? When I booted off the ISO for this flavor of OSX, it did not list anything for Step 8 of your Guide. Do I need to format the empty partitions prior to this Guide? If so what format should I make the second & third 20GB partitions? Does the 90GB partition need to be FAT32 so that all OS can read & write to it?

Thanks!!!!!

nismoz33, May 1, 2009
  3. diablonet

yohko101

FAT32 has a maximum recommended size of 32 gb.

if you want to tripple boot, the order i recommend to install is windows, osx, linux. and have grub be your boot manager.

yohko101, May 2, 2009
  4. diablonet

kromakey

Hi , I have a acer one D150 , installed this iDeneb , but after install , and after -x the screen goes grey , no options to select , if enter is pressed I can see the mouse pointer ....

any clue ?

thanks

k

kromakey, May 7, 2009
  5. diablonet

cormano

Will this work on the ZG5 model?

cormano, May 8, 2009
  6. diablonet

FreeStyLeMaSTeR

Hi, I want to install ideneb 10.5.6 and I've been trying to get passed the grey apple logo screen for an hour now. I burnt three different dvds and still the same problem. All it does is it goes to apple logo and tell me that I need to restart the computer.
    I tried -v -k cpus=1 and still just no!

Please if someone could help I'd really appreciate,

Sorry for my english

Thanks in advance

FreeStyLeMaSTeR, May 8, 2009
  7. diablonet

yohko101

i had similar problems before when using an external cd rom. for some odd reason, when using a usb to ide connector for the cd-rom, i have random kernel panics because the drive doesnt load stuff correctly. So i just went ahead and bought an external drive from newegg. another way you can test if it's your external drive is the problem is to burn a copy of knoppix live linux cd and boot that. if you have problems booting that on your machine, chances are its ur cd drive. hope this helps

yohko101, May 8, 2009
  8. diablonet

FreeStyLeMaSTeR

thanks for the reply. I guess thats a possibilty. I burned iatkos with the same external dvd writer with no problem though. Maybe ideneb has soem problem with ext. drives I dont know.

Anyway thanks again

9. diablonet

yohko101

i had problems also before with ideneb 10.5.6 with a dell laptop. so i just switched to iPC and it booted and installed with no problems. i've used both distro's and don't really see much difference once its installed XD

yohko101, May 8, 2009
  10. diablonet

FreeStyLeMaSTeR

The one I used and loved was iatkos v4i or something like that. Guess I will have to go for v5 and stick with that .

11. diablonet

dionisos

Is there any way to install it on D150?
    I'm trying as hard as I can but i'm not getting anyaway
    Can somebody, PLEASE, point me out some tips?
    Tanx in advance
    Best Regards,

dionisos, May 10, 2009
  12. diablonet

yohko101

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12172&start=10#p82248

yohko101, May 10, 2009
  13. diablonet

dionisos

dionisos, May 10, 2009
  14. diablonet

danielaamer

WOW Great Guide Bud, And to all you I just used my USB to I DE and it worked like a dream and burned iDeneb at 8X on some cheapy pound shop disks £1 for 10 DVD+R's : )
    Worked amazingly smooth : D
    I'm A Complete Noob aswell, went so well and so easy , great guide :)

Thanks

Dan Aamer

danielaamer, May 12, 2009
  15. diablonet

kromakey

kromakey, May 14, 2009
  16. diablonet

betita_elfica

How can install Ideneb in a free space partition about 14gb? I have Windows and Linux in other partitons. I want install mac os in the free space but no option. Only i can formated the FULL hard disk, but i dont want to lose windows and linux. any idea?

betita_elfica, May 16, 2009
  17. diablonet

johnnyg66

I am having no luck with this. After reboot can only get into it on safe boot. Have it on dual boot with win7 but also tried as stand alone osx. Still no luck. I have bios 3309. Installs fine just after restart it locks up after a min. Gets past ethernet than reads something about ntfs and stops.

johnnyg66, May 18, 2009
  18. diablonet

Olaf

My Story.

Bored? Start at 36.
    Want to create a bootable iDeneb install DVD on a USB Drive? Follow 4-15.
    Want to install iDeneb? Do 16-34.

0. Bought an AAO150/Linux for my gf.
    0. Gf doesn't like Linux, so I installed Windows XP Pro.
    0. Bf sees you can install OSX on a AAO and asks gf for permission.
    0. Bf doesn't get permission but bf doesn't listen.
    0. Bf wants gf to use OSX but also need to keep XP. What did bf do?
    1. Download Partition Magic 8 somewhere over the ocean. And install it.
    2. Resize the XP partition.
    3. Create a new partiion for OSX. (Primary/Unformatted will do)
    4. Download iDeneb 1.4 at your local torrent dealer.
    5. In the mean time, get a 8GB USB stick.
    6. Download OSX86 Tools.
    7. Check the MD5 sum of iDeneb. Do it. Really.
    8. Open on your previously bought Disk Help Utillity. Or something like that.
    9. Create a new partition on that USB stick. Make it -Mac Journaled-.
    10. Click options and select MBR. (Last option) And make it happen.
    11. Drag your iDeneb iso file to the drives on the left of the Disk Utility thingie.
    12. Select the USB drive, click on 'recovery'(or something like that)
    13. Restore the iDeneb image to your USB stick.
    14. Open OSX86 tools and select the option "Install EFI/Run fdisk".
    15. Select your USB drive and click on "Install EFI".
    16. Plug the USB drive in your AAO.
    17. Turn it on and press F12.
    18. Select the USB drive and let it fly.
    19. While you can't believe it's actually working open the disk utility from your -ready to install OSX- AAO.
    20. Format the second HDD partition. Not the one with Linux/XP/Vista.
    21. Oh, and do it in Mac - Journaled. Done?
    22. Get back to the setup, select the formatted partition and click install.
    23. Don't read the notes, they are boring.
    24. Click on 'customize' before proceeding.
    25. Select your language (Try Dutch, it's nice) and scroll down for the netbooks tab. Onfold and select the AAO 150 option.
    26. Install!
    27. While you are waiting for something to go wrong, get on your Mac and download the Diablo's iDeneb 1.4 tools.
    28. Done with the install? Reboot!
    29. After the POST, when you see the 'press any button' crap, press any button!
    30. Select the mac/osx partition and type "-x". That will boot your AAOMAC in safe mode.
    31. Install the GMA950 package and the DoNotSleep.
    32. Get in the Tools folder while you're at it and copy the ShutdownSound folder tp yourdrive/Library/StartupItems
    33. Double click on OSX86Tools and enable Quartz GL.
    34. Reboot. Don't touch anything untill OSX has booted. Enjoy! If it wants to fix anything, let him/her do it.
    35. Tell you gf that whenever she feels the desire to use XP/Linux/Vista she needs to press any key after the POST and select the partion which doesn't have refrences to Mac/OSX.
    36. Get some sleep.

Olaf, May 21, 2009
  19. diablonet

Xtractstudios

Hello Friends

i have
    Acer Aspire One
    AOA150-1987 - Black
    Bios v3309
    Wd - 160gb - Hd
    1 gig memory
    ideneb 1.4 10.5.6

i have followed The this Install Guide everything to the tee and so far 100 percent Succesfull..But in one Dept "WIRELESS"...i have one problem ...i have Purchased 3 cards for the wireless to work from "EBAY"
    2 .Dw1390. 1. dw1490 and still my ideneb cant install these card ..ui need some help please anybodys thoughts?????????????????????

is there a special kext or kernel that i need ..i keep hearing that everyone else just pops it it..and BINGO it works...for me IT doesnt

Xtractstudios, May 21, 2009
  20. diablonet

yohko101

plug in any of the 3 cards you have bought. then pop in your ideneb dvd. open pacifist. click on open apple osx install dvd, i think it should be the last option. now scroll down on the packages and find the wireless section. there should be a package there for broadcom. install that. then boot with '-f' afterwards you should be able to see ur wifi card

yohko101, May 21, 2009
Ask a Question