iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 Install guide

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by diablonet, Feb 25, 2009.

1. diablonet

Hodge

I'm having trouble getting the SD card slot to work. I downloaded and installed the kext from the link in the guide but everytime i boot i get a message saying
    "System extension cannot be used"
    The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used.

I've tried a couple of re-installs but aren't really familiar with the mac OS so can't be sure if what i'm doing is right. Any thoughts?

Hodge, May 22, 2009
  2. diablonet

esajw

Hello, I hope someone can help.
    I have got in a bit of a mess after using apple's latest update after which I lost screen settings, not a big deal to sort, but after following some dodgy instructions else where on this forum have lost complete control of my lovely aspire!
    OK where am I at?
    Each time I boot in I get beyond the Mac logo to a blank blue screen and then stop, disc activity light flashes for a while and then goes off.
    I have tried to boot up from the iDeneb disc and from the Acer disc but the mac start up kicks and takes control, even after selecting boot order (F2 and F12).
    I have flashed the BIOS
    Done a -v and -x
    All I want to do now is wipe the disc and start again! Like I say I am out of control!
    I do not know enough code (DOS) to side step whats happening and have hunted the forum and internet.
    Any help, advice or pointers in the right direction would be most appreciated.
    Thank you

EDIT 1
    Finally tracked down a solve it - 'right after you pick the dvd drive and the screen turn black from theF12 screen press spacebar one and wait. I was having the same issues and just had to keep trying. Only press it one and then a boot from cd message will come up.'... with the ACER cd only

esajw, May 23, 2009
  3. diablonet

cinobi

iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 on USB

Thanks for the introduction!

I don't have an external DVD Drive yet, thats why I installed iDeneb 1.4 this way:
    After waisting time on booting iDeneb from my old AMD 2500+ PC (no sse2/3 support...) I finally got it to boot on my HP 6510b Laptop. From there I formated my 16GB USB Stick (Pico-C) and installed iDeneb right on it. Of course, I selected "Netbook-> Acer Aspire One A150" + "iDeneb Essential System", because at the next step I wanted to use the USB Stick not on my hp laptop, but on my Acer Aspire One 150L.

After the Installation completed (~6.2 GB; it took me about 80 minutes) I booted the USB Stick on my AAO 150L with the option -x.
    Now I just see the Apple Screen with the spinning circle beneath the Apple Symbol. Nothing happens, its booting now for almost 40 minutes!
    I tried to boot the OS before on my HP 6510b laptop (without any specification of the drivers at the installation) just to see if it works, and it worx after booting für 10minutes of the USB Stick! But the graphic was confused, so I couldnt use it. furthermore I dont know which drivers I need to run the OS on my hp laptop.

However, I just dont know why it doesnt boot on my Acer Aspire One properly. I will wait 20 mins. more, and after that I will check what happened with -v

any suggestions so far?
    thanks!

p.s.
    Right now (after 45mins) my display lighting went off ... :>

EDIT:
    I rebooted manually, and started with -v -x

I got this last line, so I'm stuck here:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

then after a few minutes some new lines came fast and the display turned off. before this, I also read something about that the display family specific matching fails and the chosen Model GMA 950 is not supported.

Anybody got a clue? Thanks for helping.

EDIT 2:
    When I start without any option (neither -x nor -v) I see the mouse after 10min. booting and i can move the arrow. After 12 mins. I heard the intro music. But the Apple screen is the hole time freezed and I'm stuck at this point. After 80 mins. no changes, I'm still stuck

cinobi, May 24, 2009
  4. diablonet

Greg1982

Can't answer your question(s) sorry. I installed this and so far have got it working very easily so thanks to all involved.

A question though, to quote the installation guide from the first page of this thread;

19.- Download Diablo's iDeneb 1.4 tools from http://webmaster-mexico.com/ideneb-v1_4 ... instalador extract it and install "DoNotSleep"and "GMA950" packages and reboot.

call me stupid, but I've looked and can't see a link on this page to download. Just need to install these couple of bits and sort the keyboard and I'm fully up an running. Tried searching for them on the web also and had no real joy.

Many thanks.

Greg1982, May 25, 2009
  5. diablonet

yohko101

if you want, go to the iaktos guide page by SbM. theres a package there that includes the gma950 and the donotsleep package.

yohko101, May 25, 2009
  6. diablonet

Greg1982

Many thanks, I will do, I'm new to all this so wanted to do it exactly as stated to avoid any possible problems. Thanks again.

Greg1982, May 25, 2009
  7. diablonet

diablosideneb14.zip
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VU1HUNH9]download here[/url]

http://www.mediafire.com/?y1qxzmnzz5y]or here[/url]

70869413, May 25, 2009
  8. diablonet

cinobi

i think you dont see the download link, because your browser is presuming it as advertisement (whatsoever) and isnt displaying it thereby.
    I switched the browser (on windows; firefox) to download it. on my firefox (ubuntu) i havnt seen the link, too! (sorry for my bad english)

p.s.
    I got iDeneb to work; I installed it on my AAO HDD. Thanks to all of you guys.
    Now I just need to install the chameleon bootloader correctly..... I got this error on booting. But this is unfortunately not the topic here;)
    EDIT: ok I got chameleon to work. Solution: You have to install iDeneb on a primary partition and make sure that you dont have any logical partitions before that partition on your hdd!! Otherwise you wont be able to install iDeneb on the primary partition (its a common issue). I had a extended Partition with some logical partitions, and after that I had a primary partition where I wanted to install iDeneb. I failed to install iDeneb on it, but after moving the primary partition on the top of my hdd (with gparted @ubuntu live cd) it worked. Hope that helps others.

cinobi, May 26, 2009
  9. diablonet

Xtractstudios

ive tried what you suggested ..and still no Wireless....i don tknow what else to do .....i even reformatted today and did the broadcom also ...and still ....

thanks for help

i totally apprecitae it

Xtractstudios, May 27, 2009
  10. diablonet

joe44

Hi,
    Been having some trouble downloading iDeneb. Would anyone be interested in selling me an insall disk (iDeneb) ?
    Please PM me if so.

joe44, May 31, 2009
  11. diablonet

runtohell121

so there is no sound? and is there a way to get the wifi work without changing it to the dell wifi card? since i'm too poor to buy the card.

runtohell121, Jun 1, 2009
  12. diablonet

runtohell121

ok, i got it to detect my wifi card, but i can't turn it on..?

13. diablonet

runtohell121

any clue..? i can't turn on my wifi..
    and i also wonder can i remove the ideneb logo..?

14. diablonet

yohko101

have you checked the bios? theres usually a option there to turn on/disable your card on start up.

yohko101, Jun 1, 2009
  15. diablonet

runtohell121

i don't see any options?

runtohell121, Jun 2, 2009
  16. diablonet

Guest Guest

Hi I'm really enjoying iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 except one kernel panic.

I insrtalled slingplayer but kernel panic came to me when I shut down AA1.

I tried to fix it with seatbelt.kext because I doubted dmg file make AA1 panic.
    But I failed...Does anyone have goo solution for this problem?

Guest, Jun 2, 2009
  17. diablonet

I have slingplayer working fine with both 10.5.6 and 10.5.7......

70869413, Jun 2, 2009
  18. diablonet

Xtractstudios

Hello to all Acer Friends

i have now 5 cards total .......i just cant seem to get it to show up.....i have reversed the wires even installed iAtkos 5.1i ...and still no Wireless...i am puzzled .....if anyone has tricks up there Majic Hat....Plesea help...

thanks

Arnold Rz

Xtractstudios, Jun 2, 2009
  19. diablonet

runtohell121

my AAO detect that it has a wifi card, but it can never find networks.. any help?

runtohell121, Jun 3, 2009
  20. diablonet

cdopher

Hm... trying this on an Aspire One N270 10.1" model. I've got as far as the reboot with -x flag, it thinks for a while with the grey apple logo and then I get a blank screen. Wondering where to go from here?

Cris

cdopher, Jun 3, 2009
Ask a Question