iDeneb v1.4, 10.5.6 on my Acer Aspire One AOA 110

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by adaggerthrough, Feb 6, 2010.

1. adaggerthrough

adaggerthrough

I just installed iDeneb v1.4 on my Aspire One AOA 110 (1GB RAM; 16GB SSD) using this guide: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11796

Everything works fine (apart from wifi as I didn't switch out the card) but I have a few questions:

- Are there any external USB Wifi dongles/adaptors that work with Mac OS X I could use instead of having to take the machine apart and replace the wifi card?

- Can I update to 10.5.8, and can I just do it through the normal software update way like other programs?

- It's slower than I expected (obviously I wasn't expecting a powerhouse performer.) I can't really watch SD YouTube videos and I keep getting the rainbow-coloured loading ball thing ALL the time, even sometimes when I'm just typing something on Google Chrome - this is slowing down my machine quite a bit and can get frustrating. Is there anything I can do to improve the performance? Or have I done something wrong to make it so slow?

- I can't seem to get OpenOffice to work, it just shows me a small box with nothing in it - is there anything else I can use that would work for .doc files and would run well?

- Finally, is there anyway to get multi-touch working? I'd quite like to have two finger scrolling.

Thanks for help in advance! :D

adaggerthrough, Feb 6, 2010
Ask a Question